Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2004, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Forward by Sklanksy of SSH

just show me one , not making a living but making the equivilent to 3 big bets per hour and i will profusly apologize. i'm really not trying to start a fight here, but please , it's a little much.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:08 PM

so lets he was making 2 an hour at each table which is a gross exaggeration thats about 2000 a month, iowa is a nice place to live but i think hes with dorothy over the rainbow. come on 50-1.00 !
Old 07-31-2004, 08:12 PM

nice math are you doing this/ if so lets see your documented results. by the way poker isnt linear.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:13 PM

i make more than 3BB per hour.
of course, i am usually playing 4 tables at a time so that is less than 1BB/hr for each table which isn't that hard.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:15 PM

i misssssspellled a word so i must be wrong. you are lost my friend
Old 07-31-2004, 08:17 PM

so lets he was making 2 an hour at each table which is a gross exaggeration...

Why is that a gross exaggeration? A good player can definitely, without a doubt, make more than $2 per table per hour playing .50/1 online. In fact, I'm confident that $3+ per table per hour is possible.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:28 PM

sorry....i don't understand your statement 'btw..poker is not linear'.
are you referring to the fact that i can't count on the same amount of income each week??
if i am good enough to average 2BB/100 then it will average out in the long-run. and based on 4 tables and 40 hours, a $1k/wk average is not unrealistic at all for a mediocre player like yours truly.

no....i am not making $1k/wk.
around $700/wk playing mostly 2/4 and 3/6 (full-table, short-table and heads-up with the right fishy) as well as bonus-chasing and rake-back. also some SNG's (UB-SNG promo). occasionally some $.25/$.50 or $.5/1 NL but not much.

the fact that i am less than $1k/wk is due partly to lack of discipline and not putting in the number of hours that i can/should.
it is not indicative of how realistic it is to make $1k/wk playing 3/6.

anyway, i have never stepped foot in a 5/10 game. i will try that if/when my bankroll is large enough and if/when i feel more confident in my game.
just because i'm semi-consistently beating 2/4 and 3/6 doesn't mean i feel i'm ready to move up.
i've had a couple of losing streaks in there that i think indicate some inferior play as well as some bad luck and i want to iron out my wrinkles (via SSHE and the SS forum) before i make the jump.

my poker-tracker and stat-king got erased entirely when i took my computer in for a clean-up a couple weeks ago. my records are gone...sorry.

i can tell you that my monthly-nut is somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500....and i make significantly more than that each month. i have been playing online-poker as my sole source of income for 4 months and it has gone well so far.
i have more money now then when i started this little venture and i haven't had to go back to my old job yet so i'm happy with this venture.

i'm in an internet-coffee place right now...kicking back and putting in some hours.
it rocks.
i'm off to get another latte.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:32 PM

Out of the several that you know, couldnt you just get one to come on line and tell how he or her does it? Because of the short term fluctuations involved in this game they are amplified on both the up and downside online.if it was this lucrative authors like your self who have played little but theorized much, would be in there playing. The excuse is that it bores you, or its not your goal in life to play cards when the truth is that it's brutally hard, and you give players false hope all well knowing that your profit motive for moving to vegas was not to play cards but to write about it.
Not one response to my post is by someone who has a documented record of 2plus years substantially beating low limit games online. one post talked about a local legend, well who used to play, or the math breakdown of how its possible. I know you can make a profit playing poker, I'm not questioning that, but please lets get real here.Everyone knows somebody who does it...........
Old 07-31-2004, 08:36 PM

well i guess anything is possible gee .... how are you doing ? Are you making 3 big bets per hour somewhere? if so, i'd like to see it especially with the rake that is taken out. Since it's very realistice you must be doing it right/ or are you doing better/ Just show me the proof.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:45 PM

How do I prove it? Are you going to send an accountant to my house?

How many people have to tell you that it's definitely possible before you believe that maybe we're not just guessing?

It would also help if you define exactly what you mean by 3 big bets per hour. That terminology isn't very clear when talking about playing multiple tables. For example, if we're talking about 2/4 do you mean making a total of $12 per hour, or do you mean $12 per hour at each table?