Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Re: I Was Called A Moron!

[ QUOTE ]
Easy, easy complete. I would worry very little about the asinine chat that goes on online. I was once called an ass-tard to capping a nut flush draw on the flop into like the whole table. I like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely an easy complete. I got crap once in the chat window for jamming the pot with top pair and the nut flush draw when I won when I made trip aces on the river. People get mad when you beat their flopped two pair of nines and sixes.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy, easy complete. I would worry very little about the asinine chat that goes on online. I was once called an ass-tard to capping a nut flush draw on the flop into like the whole table. I like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely an easy complete. I got crap once in the chat window for jamming the pot with top pair and the nut flush draw when I won when I made trip aces on the river. People get mad when you beat their flopped two pair of nines and sixes.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree. easy complete.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would worry very little about the asinine chat that goes on online.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't worry with what goes on with the chat...too much.

I thought this was pretty routine, but several hands later the guy was still referring to me as the idiot that called with 10,8 [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
Old 07-21-2004, 04:57 PM

a lot of people dont pay attention to your position...so if I call with 67o I'm a fish, even if it was on the button with 7 limpers and the most passive blinds on earth...all some people will see is 67o.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:12 PM

This is a trick question, right? I believe both WLLH and HEPFAP would suggest completing here. The BB is not going to raise very often. You're hoping to flop the straight or OESD and you're not going to get too excited if you flop top pair.

BTW, I love it when I'm called a moron when I play correctly. I means I have a good chance to make some money. ;-)
Old 07-21-2004, 05:16 PM

Mid-high offsuit one-gap in this situation? That's a complete. Junk like Q2 hits the crapper; T8o stays. A lot of fishy types would rather complete the Q2 than the T8o, and they're wrong.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:44 PM

Default RESULTS: The Flop and Question.

I really wasn't too worried about being called a moron. I thought calling was pretty routine, but I wanted to post and see if I was on the same page as the rest of you.

I also had some questions about how the hand played out. I think you'll see who the true moron was...which is typical from those who run their mouth. But I wasn't sure about my play on the flop.

EP limps, 2 MP players limp, Button limps, I'm in SB with 10, 8o and complete, BB checks.

Flop comes nearly perfect: J 9 7 with two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s.

I bet, all call to button(the berater) who raises. OK, here's what I did: I 3-bet, if the flush draws out there, they will stick around, top pair and two pair will probably call as well. Let's get as many bets in there as possible. Should I have smooth called and waited for the Turn?

BB calls, all fold to button, who caps, I call, BB calls.

Turn is blank. I bet, BB folds, button raises, and we cap again.

River is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet out, button calls.

Button shows AJo....whose the moron now! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: RESULTS: The Flop and Question.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have smooth called and waited for the Turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. You need to ram and jam with this hand.

Think how you'd feel if the guy with KTo decided that calling 2 cold wasn't that bad and that Q had fallen on the turn.

Edit: Just to clarify: straights, particularly low ones, are very vulnerable to counterfeiting by additional straight cards falling. You need to play them fast.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:21 PM

I was once called an ass-tard to capping a nut flush draw on the flop into like the whole table. I like that.

Are you sure you weren't just being called an ass-tard for being an ass-tard? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
gambooool!
Old 07-21-2004, 07:32 PM

Default Re: RESULTS: The Flop and Question.

[ QUOTE ]
No way. You need to ram and jam with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. You need to protect your hand, but that does not always mean ramming and jamming on the flop. SSHE covers this in detail.