Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Re: 10-20 Foxwoods Game -- TRAPPED ... or am I?

Even though I typed quite a bit, some important information I left out: the button played almost no hands on the button ... yes, normally, I would've raised it, but I got ... well, let's say lazy, assuming I would de facto get the button. When he limped in -- I was surprised, and I knew he had something good. What...? I didn't know.

In hindsight, yes, check-raising the turn would've been the move -- I just had a (completely wrong) feeling that something was completely wrong, let I seemed compelled to call it down.

-

Regarding someone's post above regarding the 5-10 (which has a Kill) and the 10-20 at Foxwoods -- both are very good and profitable ... and this is coming from me, and I regularly make grotesque plays as seen above.

I've played all over, and I think Foxwoods is one of the better games to play in, if you like hands with lots of people in there passively pre-flop. Now and then it's not like that but ... it usually is.

I'm there a few times a week -- my buddy plays 20-40 and/or No Limit -- and we're always wandering about. You'll know me as I'm the 6'7" Hungarian constantly getting up to stretch and mosey about after folding -- NOT to be confused with the 7'4" dude that plays there as well ... he's too tall.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
"6'7" < 7'4""
Old 07-15-2004, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i preflop raise, as has been mentioned. i would not miss check raising the turn, especially since you are closing the action and might(most assuredely) get the players between you and the button calling. what limping hands are you concerned about? the button will raise kq(almost certainly in that game), aq(definately), maybe a set, but you dont know as you are check calling him. a flop 3-bet could be a good idea to charge draws, but they aren't going anywhere in this game.
for a little further analysis, your statement on the river of if one player calls between me and the button i am folding????? but if it is just the button i am calling??? so a player in between may have hit the ace, only ace he could/should have would be a/rag hearts, i am not very good with probabilities but the chances of him having that exact holding vs. a call of one more bet aren't even close, you have to call the river. and what did you put the button on the whole time??? take charge of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. See, this is the reason I like posting here ... I'm normally very happy with how evenings at Foxwoods go, but when I have a hand that I'm concerned about, I can jot down what happened in my trusty Columbo notebook and know I'll get set straight (and I'm actually not being sarcastic). Good reply, much appreciated.

Definitely could've extracted more out of this hand AND shouldn't've debating folding even if a random dude called (and, considering the dual-flush-draw on the board, someone in there at Foxwoods with A-x SOOTED wouldn't shock the hell out of me). Given the $300+ out there, my $20 should've been a given....

Thanks for the replies, fellas. Always appreciated.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 07-15-2004, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does any think it would be a good play to raise four limps with KJs in the CO to buy the button and get the lead...
I am just curious...I might consider that play preflop.

Although in this hand it worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

After 4 limpers I think it's a good raise.

However, in this case there was only 1 limper. If the sole limper limps a lot with hands like AJ and KQ, I'd just call, but most of time I'd raise this from the CO with 0 limpers, 1 limper, 2 limpers, 3 limpers, 4 limpers, 5 limpers ... you get the picture.