Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Greedy slavics quick poll.
Take the cash and flash your cards to the player 7 30.43%
Take the cash and roll your cards over 13 56.52%
Don't take the cash and roll the hand over 1 4.35%
Don't take the cash, muck your hand 1 4.35%
Don't take the cash, muck your hand, and say "I was bluffing" 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2004, 03:01 PM

Default Did I say or imply that you were a Lay fan or Limbaugh fan? (n/m)

Old 07-11-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Rush Limbaugh Poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rush Limbaugh insults many people every day! At least when his show is on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some one ties you to a chair and makes you listen [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Call 911 and report this.

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with him is that he speaks his views as if they were the TRUTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone speaks their views as if they were the truth. Ya gotta believe!
(Otherwise there would be no poker games.) [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
he has millions of disciples that happily spread his pathologic lies and skewed ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. They are really annoying, going door to door, handing out pamphlets. Worse than Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses.

[ QUOTE ]
I dislike Limbaugh for WHAT HE IS. Which is a pompuous, arrogant, hypocritical windbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of that is an obvious act, which I find amusing. I don't always agree with Rush, and he often carries things to great extremes, but he does come up with different ways of looking at things. I only wish there was someone similar on the other extreme. I'd listen to both. With an open mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be very interesting to have someone on the other extreme host a show of that type. You mentioned listening to a show with an "open mind", I don't think that most of the Limbaugh Lunatics listen to his show with an open mind. Every time I listen, I hear caller after caller praising Rush as if he were a God. "Dittos" "Dittos" "Dittos" and statements like "I used to be a liberal, but after listening to your show, I have seen the light!"

Yes, I occasionally listen to his show. Why do people on this thread want to make a point out of that? If I had never listened to his show, the same people would be saying "what do you know? You have never even listened to his show."
Old 07-11-2004, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Did I say or imply that you were a Lay fan or Limbaugh fan? (n/m)

No, but you stated that it was amazing that I listened to his show more than you. To me, this means that you are questioning why I would ever listen. I explained why by providing an example.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:14 PM

Default It\'s Amazing that anyone would spend anytime listening to ...

a hateful, doper, arrogant, silly, windbag. Life's too short.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I occasionally listen to his show. Why do people on this thread want to make a point out of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that you seem to be taking Rush very personally. And you give neither Rush nor his listeners any credit for expressing their views in good faith. Yes, a great part of the show is preaching to the choir. But the show can be interesting and thought provoking. Your comments about Rush and his listeners are as one-sided and extreme as Rush's views about Democrats. He gives the Dems no credit for ever being correct or acting in good faith.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I don't agree with what Rush says I dont think this poll is fair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, poor Rush! Poor, defenseless Rush! This kind of liberal hate-speech is what drove him to pop all those Oxycontin in the first place... in fact, we should probably serve his jail term for him because we're really the ones at fault for his depravity! (Everyone knows how strongly Rush supports sending drug addicts to jail.)

Seriously, how can you talk about 'fair' for a man that holds up a picture of a 13-year-old girl and calls her the 'White House dog?'

The man is far worse than Michael Moore any day of the week. He lies, distorts and attacks far more viciously and egregiously than anyone, with the possible exception of Ann Coulter.

He claimed there are more Indians alive today than there were when Columbus landed.

He claimed there are more trees, too.

He also claimed cigarettes don't cause cancer.

The man is not the least bit principled or interesting. He is a one-dimensional attack-dog for a laundry list of far-right causes, debasing political debate in this country with every word he spews. There are a host of conservative radio personalities far more worthy of air time.

NT
Old 07-11-2004, 04:11 PM

Stupid poll that I won't dignify with an answer.

Sheeesh - you hate him so much, turn the damn channel and forget he exists. It'll probably add a few years to your life.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:16 PM

I wouldn't call Moore a hypocrite

No. Nothing hypocritical at all about making millions bad mouthing capitalism.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding his drug use, he talked about his golfing game almost daily during his shows over the past three or four years (with no mention of any back problems) . Then when he goes public about his drug addiction, he blames disabling back pain. OK, I'm not a doctor but I don't see how someone who is enduring this god-awful back pain can be such an avid golfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? You don't see how someone who is prescribed painkillers for a particular condition might be relieved of the pain caused by that condition? I suffer with back pain on occasion from an accident in high school - the pain goes away when I take painkillers. Duh...
Old 07-11-2004, 04:37 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

Who is this Rush person?

All I know is what Dick told me, "If I'm not around, get your marching orders from Rush."

So I guess this Rush guy must be important.