Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Re: two words...

I once saw a friend of mine beer bong a 1/5 of Absolute Vodka - (way back in the college days). It was a gruesome sight.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Ted Forrest\'s Heineken Challenge

Im going to echo what others are saying: for the self respecting college drinker, that is not very hard.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once saw a friend of mine beer bong a 1/5 of Absolute Vodka - (way back in the college days). It was a gruesome sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have done (more than) my fair share of drinking but this is just bordering on insane. I can't think of much of an easier way to get alcohol poisoning.

Ten beers has to be doable in 30 minutes but it would be ugly.

I could do six right now and I am no huge drinker anymore.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:18 PM

Cmon now I live in Wisconsin the beer capital of this country. I've done some crazy drinking challenges in college myself but this one just seems too ridiculous. I think the main problem i have with it is putting 120 oz of liquid into your body in 30 minutes. Thats a lot to have sitting in your stomach. If he did do it I'd believe he puked it all right back up within the next 30 minutes. I asked one of my friends about this who is pretty much the master of drinking challenges such as this and his response was, "No way, and even if he some how did pull it off he puked it all right back up."
Old 07-07-2004, 04:23 PM

22 shots of Cuervo Gold in 80 minutes - 11/11/00 (19th birthday)

I was supposed to be building up my regimen for my inevitable 21 shots on my 21st B-day by doing 19 shots...I just decided to go for 21 right away...then did one more just in case I miscounted.

I'm told that while my buddies were sitting in the car in the hospital parking lot arguing about whether to take me in alcohol poisoning, I came out of my coma, told my friend to f- off and proceeded to unload all internal contents on to the blacktop. It's weird to think about how close I came to actually learning a lesson that night [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2004, 04:24 PM

You obviously weren't born in Wisconsin. 10 beers in 30 minutes? We call that Tuesday.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:21 PM

I think its more about the amount of fluid than the alcohol content. Another bet a friend of mine has won a couple of times is he bet someone they couldnt drink a gallon of milk in 30 minutes.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:23 PM

Nobody is arguing that they won't feel like [censored] or puke after they did it- but it IS possible.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the main problem i have with it is putting 120 oz of liquid into your body in 30 minutes. Thats a lot to have sitting in your stomach. If he did do it I'd believe he puked it all right back up within the next 30 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just three days ago, Takeru Kobayashi ate 53 and 1/2 hotdogs (and buns) in 12 minutes. I do believe 53 and 1/2 hotdogs comprise far more volume and mass than 10 beers. Kobayashi even makes Paul Newman's egg-eating bet in "Cool Hand Luke" seem utterly pedestrian. FWIW, I think the guy who lost the 30k to Ted Forrest made a sucker-bet: 15 beers in 30 minutes might be a challenge; 10 is a cinch. The human body never ceases to amaze...
Old 07-07-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Definitely possible (not likely without puking in the next 15 mins)

Some jerk once claimed to me he could eat 50 wings and drink 6 pints of beer in 6 minutes. I told him he was so full sh*t that I would be him the price the of the beers that he could not even do the beers in 6 mins.

He did it within one second of the time running out. It was disgusting, but not nearly as disgusting as he looked about 5 minutes later, curled up on the floor of a public restroom in a pool of his own puke and urine.