Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Want to get in on the Party, and it looks like I need help

[ QUOTE ]
I only played the 5/10 game for 4000 hands, but I was only a break even player in it. I'm beating the 15 game pretty handily and find it MUCH looser. PLease, if anything, play 3/6, it's MUCH easier than 5/10. Or, if you have the roll, play the 15 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried the 15 did OK, then got crucified to the tune of over 2K in one night. I then saw what people meant when they said the variance was immense, and started to think I'd better drop down again.
As for having the roll, I do for a 'normal' 15, but not the recently suggested (for Party 15/30) 500BB, so the most I could do is dip in again.
As such I've determined the best plan of attack is adjust to the Party games on a lower level, and then get back at the 15.
I'm not bothered about beating the easier of the lower limits there BK. What I want to get in is the game there that most resembles the 15 (so I'm better prepared for it's play).
Would that be 3/6 or 5/10?

Thanks for the comments.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:40 PM

I find Party's 3/6 and 5/10 to be virtually identical. 2/4 is where you see a significant difference in passivity, but I havent touched 2/4 in many months so maybe things have changed.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:04 PM

Now that I've logged the time I have at the 15 I should go back to the 5 and try it and post what I think.

My feeling is the 5/10 is tighter then 15/ preflop (and it is, but it feels even tighter for some reason. They don't know how to play postflop, and neither do I with them it seemed like.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;Main=759327

It's mostly multi-tablers that were beating the 3/6 there, so you have to play a different style, I think. I say play 3/6.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:51 AM

Some of us just can't beat Party. I used to do OK, but I've been doing well at UB, so I've stayed there. Decided to play a bit on Party for something different tonight and was reminded how "great" it was.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

River: (9.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.16 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (13.16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 4d 3d (straight, seven high).
UTG shows Qh Kh (flush, ace high).
Outcome: UTG wins 13.16 BB. </font>

That is just unbeatable.

King
Old 07-07-2004, 11:01 AM

oh my, that is just disgusting.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:30 AM

I've had many similar experiences with runner-runner flush draws. My only advice is be very careful when the rr flush hits on the river, even more so than the normal flush draw hitting. Every Party fish stays in for gutshots/rr flush draws.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had many similar experiences with runner-runner flush draws. My only advice is be very careful when the rr flush hits on the river, even more so than the normal flush draw hitting. Every Party fish stays in for gutshots/rr flush draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm learning that......expensively. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

King