View Poll Results: Stock market
The market be up 3 15.00%
The Market be down 3 15.00%
The Market be flat 8 40.00%
I Don't know 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Advice Needed

hell, how Drawn Together can be done where it's a cartoon reality show...I mean, come on.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:45 AM

So you're taking a cake class, you don't do the work and you've already finagled a way to keep your scholarship even though you obviously don't care about school. Now you're wondering if you should bother doing any work.

I could just go off on a big rant here about entitlement and the touchy-feely, palm-greasing pile of flaming new-age crap that increasingly makes up higher education these days. It's not your fault that schools don't make you do any work, really.

How about you go find some kid mired in poverty who's interested in actually getting an education, try to give him your scholarship, and then just bum around the campus living off of trust fund babies for a few years? You'll still get your kicks.

NT
Old 04-28-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that this would be an interesting topic.

The Honeymooners Effect: How fat bald men always end up with beautiful wives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ralph Kramden was bald?
Alice Kramden was beautiful?

There must've been a re-make I didn't see...

(I can't find a decent job because I didn't go to college. Do you mean to tell me I'm getting beat out in the job market by guys who took classes on the HISTORY OF TELEVISION??? That makes him more qualified for a job than me???)
Old 04-28-2005, 02:50 AM

Wasn't he bald? I thought he was, maybe it's 'cause he always wore his cap you couldn't tell.

Either way, Alice was definitely out of his league. But think about it. Show me a good looking husband and an ugly wife on TV? Show me a good looking husband AND wife on TV? I can't think of any. The husband is almost always ugly, the wife is almost always good-looking.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:54 AM

You haven't done any work all semester, why start now.

You really should have to "kill yourself writing this thing" if you're serious about keeping your scholarship.

Barring a 24-hour marathon session, your paper is going to suck ass even if you do quote the hell out of 18 different sources. You need a subject, a thesis to guide your paper...hell, do you even know what the specs for the paper are? Bet those were gone over in class while you were asleep.

Yeah, I'm going to come off like a douche, but I don't care. If you were at all serious about doing anything well, you wouldn't have to ask us if you should write it, so [censored] it. Then maybe with your shitty GPA, you'll get some sense knocked into you for next fall...

(I have any number of ideas on what kind of paper you could write, but they would actually require work. You've got 36 hours. Sorry buddy, you're screwed.)
Old 04-28-2005, 03:00 AM

Archie Bunker: prescient genius

Start with this: We are presented with the flawed modality of a wise and powerful patriarch contrasted with the ur-Paradigm of the unemployed hoi polloi, struggling to find a role amid the flux of neo-classical liberal upheaval (via Meathead's Pyrrhic succuss of marrying the shrewish offspring of the wise contemptuous patriarch). We are forced to choose: bumbling incoherent change vs. ranting incoherent stasis. Either we must accept that the protean mirror of the ur-Meathead id will confine us to vapid self-referenTial emasculation or we must accept that post patriarchical systemic flux is really just a reflection of sclerotic non-modalities disguised as ardent defenders of the ....

Take it from there.

natedogg
Old 04-28-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about you go find some kid mired in poverty who's interested in actually getting an education, try to give him your scholarship, and then just bum around the campus living off of trust fund babies for a few years? You'll still get your kicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would if I could. Except for the trust fund babies part.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You haven't done any work all semester, why start now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I can still pull down a decent grade if I do this paper right.

[ QUOTE ]
Barring a 24-hour marathon session, your paper is going to suck ass even if you do quote the hell out of 18 different sources. You need a subject, a thesis to guide your paper...hell, do you even know what the specs for the paper are? Bet those were gone over in class while you were asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, a marathon session is what would be required to get it done. I have experience with those. I'm on page two right now, and I haven't said what my paper is going to be about yet. And hey, I never slept in class. I liked the class. I know what we're supposed to do.

[ QUOTE ]
(I have any number of ideas on what kind of paper you could write, but they would actually require work. You've got 36 hours. Sorry buddy, you're screwed.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please share them, I could use the help. And work is okay so long as it can be done quickly. Also I have 32 hours, so nyeh.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what you should write it on, but I know you should write it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine why there are so many replies after this one.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:11 AM

Using google, this thing should be a doddle and quite interesting. Get off your fat lazy ass, you could have this done in a day. GET GOING NOW AND QUIT MOANING.