Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Blind defense with 65s

I would like it better if the queen wasnt a heart. Cuz now he calls the turn with any heart and calld turn and river usually with ace high. IF the turn was a non heart Q I think you get ace high to fold most of teh time.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is inline but why even try the "fancy play syndrome" against an unknown?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2005, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like it better if the queen wasnt a heart. Cuz now he calls the turn with any heart and calld turn and river usually with ace high. IF the turn was a non heart Q I think you get ace high to fold most of teh time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, w/the heart falling i check-fold on the turn and bet the river if i get there.

if the button raises light, calling and leading the turn isn't bad at all (as he likely doesn't have an ace or a pair). checkraising the turn is too costly and doesn't gain you any more fold equity than just leading the turn IMO. also, if the button's raising stds are light did you consider 3-betting preflop?

**oh, just saw it's an unknown. i just fold preflop then.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just fold preflop then.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't get why everyone is folding preflop... this is a pretty standard defense for me, and i defend a bit less than most i think.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:44 AM

it may just indicate other holes in my game, but i was having bad results defending w/small suited connectors. they're hard to play postflop OOP as they usually miss, there are always overcards, and even when they hit they lose a fair amount and are hard to maximize wins with.

so while from a pure equity standpoint they're an easy defend, they were getting me in trouble. with that said i still see the line for defending/not defending as really close. 67s seems like an easy defend to me, despite the closeness in the hands. i'm definitely not firm on any of this if that isn't already obvious.