Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Embarassingly Butchered AQ Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'd push the flop.
Did he have 2 hearts?
I'd also move up to the $11s since they aren't really any harder than the $5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing 2600 chips into a pot of 150 is not a good play. I also like c/r on the flop, but make it ~250 instead of 2600.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:48 PM

I'd raise and/or bet at some point before the river to define my hand. If not preflop then on the flop, if not on the flop then on the turn.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:53 PM

Given that you got to the river like this, what are you guys doing on the river?
Old 09-01-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd push the flop.
Did he have 2 hearts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you push the flop into this smallish pot? The same thing can be accomplished by making a "normal" raise on the flop. I'd probably raise the flop to somewhere around 300.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that you got to the river like this, what are you guys doing on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely calling that river bet. Overbetting the pot like that doesn't look like a big hand to me. I wouldn't put him on a flush or a set. I think you are ahead here a lot of the time.

And the times you do lose, you aren't shortstacked by any means.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd push the flop.
Did he have 2 hearts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you push the flop into this smallish pot? The same thing can be accomplished by making a "normal" raise on the flop. I'd probably raise the flop to somewhere around 300.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm planning on getting all your chips in on the river as a caller (like Noah did), I'd much rather be proactive and be the one pushing all my chips in. I'd also try to do it while my opponent is drawing rather than letting him complete his draw. If the stacks were deeper like in a $55, or if I were playing a deep stack MTT, I wouldn't just push my chips in, I'd actually try to keep the pot small and actually play post flop poker. I don't think a $5 STT with short stacks is the place to be playing post-flop poker - you just don't have that many chips. Push your chips in and fire up another STT if you lose. You could also fold on the flop, but I wouldn't.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a $5 STT with short stacks is the place to be playing post-flop poker

[/ QUOTE ]

The stacks in this hand are not short. There is plenty of room for post flop play in this hand.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I might have folded to the 200 bet on the turn but probably I wouldn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find that statement incredibly funny.

I would have c/r'ed the flop. Maybe 2.5x his bet, to see where he's at. If he pushes, time to make a decision!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-01-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd push the flop.
Did he have 2 hearts?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm planning on getting all your chips in on the river as a caller (like Noah did), I'd much rather be proactive and be the one pushing all my chips in. I'd also try to do it while my opponent is drawing rather than letting him complete his draw. If the stacks were deeper like in a $55, or if I were playing a deep stack MTT, I wouldn't just push my chips in, I'd actually try to keep the pot small and actually play post flop poker. I don't think a $5 STT with short stacks is the place to be playing post-flop poker - you just don't have that many chips. Push your chips in and fire up another STT if you lose. You could also fold on the flop, but I wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is on Stars. The stacks are actually 50% larger than they are in the $55s.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:15 PM

Default My Thoughts

I actually think I should fold the turn. I'm in a really bad spot there: not sure if I'm drawing dead, drawing live, or being drawn on. I was 100% ready to fold after the pfr's call; when he folded, I was stumped. Looking back, OOP, I have to fold this. In position, I'm raising that. But OOP, I've gotta fold I think.