Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: What is my responsibility here?

legally the fish are yours, you can do whatever you want. technically you don't have to do [censored]. if you like fish and want to save them, then do so, otherwise do whatever you want.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you have a responsibility not to let them die. granted they're only guppies and you got them by mistake and don't want them but they're alive and you have the ability to keep them alive so letting them die would be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 04-19-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think you have a responsibility not to let them die. granted they're only guppies and you got them by mistake and don't want them but they're alive and you have the ability to keep them alive so letting them die would be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't ask stupid questions. one(1) second of thought will enable you to realize why i would say that, even if you might feel differently.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you have a responsibility not to let them die. granted they're only guppies and you got them by mistake and don't want them but they're alive and you have the ability to keep them alive so letting them die would be wrong. a pet store would definitely take them and many will even give you a store credit in return, although for 2 guppies it would be a very small amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to let them die if they are in my possession even if it means keeping them.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't ask stupid questions. one(1) second of thought will enable you to realize why i would say that, even if you might feel differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea why you would say that unless it's because you're stupid.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are two options as I see it:

1: If the fish are big enough, cook them and eat them
2: If they are teeny tiny, throw a big party and make your friends drink shots with a live guppie in them.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
Is one of them named Wanda? If so look in the treasure chest in the tank
Old 04-19-2005, 05:20 PM

As you did, I'd contact the original buyer and ask him what he'd like you to do while offering to do anything reasonable to get them to the intended buyer. If the seller is a profesional, he's probably going to tell you to just keep them, dispose of them as you will and not worry about it (I've been in the mail order business, this type of thing happens to everyone and on a small order like this is almost always better to just write it off and ship out a replacement order to the intended buyer.)

The pet shop is a good idea though it seems to me they might be wary about taking unknown fish (disease and all...). You should probably provide them with the name &etc of the seller (ie: If he's a well know dealer or big company...)
Old 04-19-2005, 05:30 PM

get a bigger fish (Bass are good for this ) and let them go in it's tank. Those suckers just suck the little guys down. It's nuts.....or, make sure they have enough room/air/food in another tank/bowl and keep the ammonia levels down and they should be happy. I have some fish (3 little guys in a 5 gallons tank). All they do is eat and [censored]. Absolutely amazing!

As far as responsibility goes, they are your fish - the shipper has to eat that one. I think you will do what it right.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Update

I have not gotten a response from my first email and I am leaving in hour for the night. I am unsure as to whether or not the fish would make it through the night unpacked. I decided to start acclimating the fish to tank I emptied which pretty much prevents reshipping. I sent the seller an email stating the above.

My local fish store would only offer a store credit afer a 1 week acclimation period so this would not be much help to him getting some oh his cost back.