Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: 109: KQo hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play preflop the same. I'd bet more on the flop though. I think you have to push the flop since you made such a weakish bet.

EDIT: At the 55s I like to open shove a flop like this. People call with tons of garbage "protecting their blind". I dunno if this is any different at the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open push with only 350 in the pot? Well, that seems a bit extreme to me, considering you have over 750 left. I don't really like that line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are advising pushing after the raise to t425.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:13 PM

It's pretty tight I think. I think a read is the X-factor here. If you don't have one... sucks... but I don't think folding or pushing are huge mistakes, but I lean towards fold against an unknown.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (t325) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t425</font>,

Hero's action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the action you are hoping to get when you bet less than 50% of pot when it's checked to you? You got what you asked for....
Old 12-21-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You got what you asked for....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so foreboding? If you would usually bet more on the flop when checked to, please say so rather than guessing at the results of the hand or how I felt about being raised.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so foreboding? If you would usually bet more on the flop when checked to, please say so rather than guessing at the results of the hand or how I felt about being raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foreboding, that was not my intent. I think that AK makes this play, as well as other Kx and non Kx hands, depending on how tricky villain is.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:34 PM

Given The preflop CO raise and weakish flop bet, the BB doesn't need much of a hand to check raise here. If I were the BB, I would be expecting CO to hold hands which will fold to my BB Check Raise (med. prs, Ax, etc) a large % of the time. Given the action so far I'm going to the felt with my CO KQ.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Foreboding, that was not my intent. I think that AK makes this play, as well as other Kx and non Kx hands, depending on how tricky villain is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Scuba, villain probably has a K so go ahead and push.