Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: I folded another full house

Even if you just get called on the turn the river will be tough. Against a decent player your reverse implied odds will be nasty. You can never tell if he hit.

I wonder if there is a different way to play this? I don't like chasing an unraised pot with half my stack.

James
Old 08-02-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hands that will give u action on the flop are people who either hold 97, or hold 9 with at least 2 overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think, wouldn't you? But plenty of people at the $25 tables at Stars will draw to straights and flushes on a paired board. You also might get calls from someone with an overpair, or, say the flop comes 922, someone with a bare 9. Generally I'd say that these people will call one bet on the flop, but won't call again on the turn.

But these people won't raise with these hands. My feeling is that a raise on a paired board means a made full house the vast majority of the time.

On the other hand, there are people who won't bet if they hit trips, even if they are last to act and it's checked to them.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The one good thing I learned from the Omaha section of SS2 was to be very aware of underfulls and the potential of overfulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I learned that from Slotboom.

I always check-fold underfull flops like that...

Maybe it's weak, but chances are both 9s are out there, and anybody who hasn't made their hand already has a huge draw that they will not give up on, leaving you with needlessly difficult decisions on later streets that will almost certainly leave you in a -EV scenario.