Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Massive Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
If you sense that you're going on tilt, explain to a skeptical friend why you insist on playing instead of just quitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice. The main drawback is that most people do not have a 'skeptical friend". In fact, I would say it is very rare.

I could rent myself out as the 'skeptical friend' as I am the quintessential skeptic, in the H. L. Mencken mould. That would, unfortunely, cost a lot of money and most could not afford it as my fees would have to be at least $500 an hour.

Still, if I am in a sapid mood anyone could PM me and I could help, if I have the time; which I do not by the way so please don’t bother. See Al’s blistering articles and vapid writing style for the wholesome type of advice that is most conducive to alleviate the problems under consideration.

-Zeno, Under the influence of three late-night Martinis.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this live or online?

If you are playing online, then obviously you need to quit when you take a bad beat. The tables and your cable modem will still be there when you snap back into reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i don't understanding people tilting their chips off online. whenever i play live i can tilt very easily, but when i play online i'm usually laying in bed with my laptop on my stomach. whenever i take a tough beat i just close my eyes or watch tv for a few minutes.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
once had a bad night, tilted, left the table, went to bed, and WOKE UP tilted. I couldn't believe it.
I had to go for like a 4-hour walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nh