Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Party 2/4 stud8 people - lets talk about THIS player... and LAG it up?

I know the player. i've seen him at 3/6 spewing chips like you wouldn't believe. there is NO WAY this guy is a winning player- what you're noticing is just the variance associated with LAG play, and the fact that his opponents aren't all that good either. he is a fish.

His LAG style can be more appropriatly described as 'borderline mainiac', and it just does not work, and he'll lose his shirt at the relitivly low-ante 2/4 game. too bad, because he was a really great opponent at 3/6.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Party 2/4 stud8 people - lets talk about THIS player... and LAG it up?

If this is party then can't you randomise your hole cards so he could actually have had a boat on 6th and his play is not as bad as it seems?

If those were his genuine hole cards then he will lose a lot of money over the long term playing like this and you are just being unlucky short-term, although you really should not be raising the river with just 2 pair
Old 07-22-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Party 2/4 stud8 people - lets talk about THIS player... and LAG it

the shown cards on party are randomized, but the emailed HHs are always accurate
Old 07-22-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Party 2/4 stud8 people - lets talk about THIS player... and LAG it

Sounds like it's just extreme variance then. I've sat down with him only a few dozen times in the past two weeks and he usually manages to suckout enough to be up 50BBs per session I have with him. I do see him burn through a lot, but he usually recovers his losses and gains some more later on.