Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 11:41 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Re: What are the other options on party besides unofficial rb?

he is spot on with 25% administrative fee is WAY too much. if affiliates kept 25% administrative fees on the sites they promote, the rates you see up on the affiliate sticky would be about 10-15% less than they currently are.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:36 AM

A 25% admin fee, is roughly equivalent to an affiliate getting 35% and paying out 27%!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:03 AM

Hmmm....many are not making 8%. At least not on most sites anyway.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:28 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

i understand what a 25% fee equates to. thats why i made the post.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A good plan would be for people to start with chip stacks based on the MGR they have generated. However I have heard that this might be a) to hard to implement b) against Party's policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, RTR has a great idea instead of this. They said a possibility is to run MULTIPLE tournaments, and the more you generate the more entries you would get. The only problem is, until this actually is put into effect players are going to be skeptical and not sign up. And also, as long as RTR is just planning to "create it as they go" players will not sign up. They need to (1) come up with a system that works (2) put it in writing (3) don't change it unless the change is beneficial to the players.

[ QUOTE ]

Also i think we are overlooking the fact that they put $3000 of there own money into the pot for the 1st month.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was an effort to bring in more players, which would have benefited THEM. It wasn't just some sort of kind gesture as you make it sound. Ironically, players are going to respond better to the things I have listed above, not just a tournament with added cash. I'm really surprised that they don't realize this, to be honest with you.