Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Funniest Played Hand?

not even close, last night, guyontilt and i were in a homegame. we were playing .10/.20 nl, 5 handed. i was dealt 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the sb and promptly minraised...resulting in a minraise from GoT(who didnt look), and we minraise 10 times. he finally calls and we see a flop.

10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i bet 1 dollar, to which he flips up his 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and calls

2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i bet a dollar again and am called, at which point i turn up my 53o. he still doesnt look.

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i bet 2 dollars, get called and his other card is a queen [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and MHIG.

rj
Old 08-22-2005, 03:18 PM

Here's my (beer induced) bonehead play (last weekend in low stakes home game):

Our home poker tourney. Blinds are t500-1000, I'm the big blind.

A few limpers, I check my big blind.

I'v got Qh 10h...the flop comes Qs 9h Kh

I've got middle pair with a flush/gutshot straight flush draw (although I didn't even notice the straight flush possiblity). I bet 10,000 ... one caller.

Turn is a Js...I've made a straight, still have the flush draw. I check, other player bets, I raise all-in. He calls and shows QJo...two pair. He's bumming. His only hope is a Q or a J.

The river? J.....of hearts. He got his full boat to beat my straight. He's all apoligetic for getting me on a three outer. We shake hands and I'm getting up for another beer when my wife goes: "Wait a minute, he's got a straight flush!"

I look down and start laughing. I was so focused on:

First - having an actual pair and a flush draw (it really was the worst night for cards I've ever had)
Second - Getting a straight and hoping he doesn't hit on his boat

I never saw the straight flush. Felt like an idiot, but at least I was still in the game. Got 3rd (after winning the last three tourneys). Not bad with the cards I had, IMO.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 AM

This weekend, home NLHE tourney

3 players in the pot, 2 all-ins covered by #3.
Player A flips K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Player B flips K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Player C flips A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Player C is jumping around all thrilled with his dominating hand, ready to bust 2 players, take chip lead & being a random ass

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

A & B start whooping it up after the miraculous flop of 2 out King along with case Ten. C collapses in chair, fully dejected.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

C back on his feet after equally impressive 3 outer, high fiving his buddies and spewing championship level smack.

River Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 outer putting a straight on the board for a 3 way split.

Table erupts, Neighbors awakened, pets run for cover.

Unbelievable to see. Never been a witness to anything like that.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone understand that fold with the set of 10s at the wsop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul Phillips called it the "worst laydown in history". I submit these two for consideration:

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] The midget on Celebrity Poker that folded the nut straight.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A guy in a home game about a year ago, who, while playing for the second or third time, folded AA preflop because there was a raise and a reraise in front of him.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] The midget on Celebrity Poker that folded the nut straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if a simple misread of board/hand should count here...I'm sure with the thousands of hands all of us play, we've done something silly like this at least once (and never known it because, of course, we folded the hand and never thought twice about it).
Old 08-24-2005, 01:19 AM

I posted this in probability a few months ago. Home game sng, started with 12 down to 4. I am UTG and I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Blinds are t100/t200, so I raise to 600. Button is SS and moves all in for about 1000. SB thinks, and calls. BB thinks, and folds, then shows his hand to a friend who says "for all the action, that's a good fold." I call.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks, I move all in. My stack is about t4000 remaining. I have SB covered, and he calls.

I flip my AQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB flips A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Button flips A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB reaches for his cards and flips A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Everyone goes nuts. I feel pretty good knowing I have the only chance to win the whole pot - everyone else is hoping for a split.

Turn - 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
River blank.

The probability wizards at the other forum calculated it is approximately 1/50 billion that four of four players would be dealt AQ, and that one of them would flush.