Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2004, 05:31 PM

Default Yanks Win Sunday

And they have Brown pitching against Arroyo tomorrow, so, more than likely, they'll end up splitting the series.

Still, another poor starting pitching performance for the Yanks. Right now, it looks like their achilles heel. One can overcome mediocre hitting or fielding, or even middle relief, but not starting pitching.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Yanks Win Sunday

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
And they have Brown pitching against Arroyo tomorrow, so, more than likely, they'll end up splitting the series.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2004, 06:44 PM

Default Re: What is Wrong with the Yankees?

[ QUOTE ]
But, as a Yankee fan...

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish you would have put this line at the beginning of your post, that way I could have discounted its validity withougt having had to read it! I wasted 10 seconds of my life because a damn Yankee fan doesn't know what to include in his introduction! 10 seconds I'll never get back... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2004, 06:46 PM

BTW, jdl22, I share your sentiments about the Lakers - although not nearly on the same level as the Yankees. Pretty much I just hate Shaq.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:57 PM

Where does this hatred of the Lakers come from? I mean, it's not like they can buy players that other teams can't afford, like the Yankees can.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where does this hatred of the Lakers come from? I mean, it's not like they can buy players that other teams can't afford, like the Yankees can.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very true. The Lakers aren't schoolyard bullies (the type that carry guns, that is) like the Yankees. I used to like the Lakers until they got Shaq. My strong distaste for the Lakers is due to the fact that I hate Shaq and Malone. (I never liked Gary Payton or Phil Jackson, either.)

All that said, the Lakers are several notches below the Yankees on the evil scale. (The Oakland Raiders are somewhere in between.)
Old 04-19-2004, 09:39 PM

I hate the Lakers because I'm a Portland fan and I'm tired of getting (I'll censor myself here)ed by them nearly every year. I also hate that I can't watch a basketball game without hearing Walton go on and on about Shaq making it all too obvious that they are lovers. Not joking here, I was once watching a Dallas game against Portland. They were discussing the versatility of Dirk Nowitsky (sp?) and Bill Walton says "He's right up there with the most versatile players today like Kevin Garnett and Shaq." WTF is that! Shaq is perhaps the least versatile players in the history of the league.

As for the un asked about Real Madrid I used to like them, a friend from High School was a foreign exchange student from Madrid. Real Madrid are actually far worse than even the Yankees for buying players that others can't afford. At one point they broke the transfer record three consecutive years. Last year they bought the worlds most famous player. Every year there is huge debate over which superstar will be playing for them. It's disgusting. As a fan of Sevilla, a relatively small Spanish team, I can't with a clear conscience cheer for Real even in the Champions League.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Yanks Win Sunday

Which is, of course, why I don't bet on sports. Used to be a couple of heavy bettors would come ask me what I thought, and then go the opposite way. With good results.

I still think the Yankees have rotation problems. Brown is still a stud, even though he was just fair today, but beyond that, they look shaky.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:03 AM

I don't think I've hidden my Yankee fandom on this forum.

Born in New York in 1953, I became baseball conscious in 1960. The Dodgers and Giants had left, the Mets weren't yet born, and the Yankees had Mickey.

Case closed. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2004, 12:13 AM

Maybe he meant "valuable," instead of "versatile."

Thorw it down, big man, throw it down.