Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: A Discussion regarding Online Poker is Rigged (long)

Holy sh...

[ QUOTE ]
2) Party poker is supposedly bringing in revenue of nearly $1 Million per day; yet they are seeking to go public.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you have no idea about anything and I am not going to bother to read the rest based on your arguments laid out in the above statement.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:16 PM

And this is exactly the kind of dumbass comment I expected. What is wrong with this statement? The $1 Million per day? you are right it is closer to $1.6 million. In what way does this matter?

> Further evidence that Party Gaming aims to float
> was seen in its announcement on Thursday that its
> revenue had quadrupled in 2004 to $602 million

Reply with something besides being a knee-jerking ass.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:33 PM

Great post!!! I feel you have many good points as to why a site would be rigged. I no longer play online because of the possibility of it being rigged. I was a 3bb winner for close to three years when the huge downswing happened to me in march. I was up $6800 for the year playing 2+2 style in 3-6, 5-10 limit. I went on a huge downswing where many sets, flushes, two pair were being beat on the river. After going over the hand histories and looking for leaks I found I played the hands correctly and was just being outdrawn. After taking a break and going back the same thing was happening to me. I decided it was not worth it anymore and now play home games as I was playing to much and it was mentally getting to me. Do I think its rigged? I don't think so, as these sites are already making huge money and do not need to cheat. It really doesn't make much sense for them to do this for the fear of being caught and losing it all. That being said it is unregulated and would be easy for them to do. I know it was a bad run and probably nothing more. Most people who complain are long term losers. Most people here are winning players. This leads me to beleive its not rigged.
The question I ask is what are players win rates online vs B@M. They are probably comparable to one another. Until there is proof, most of us will flame those who say it is rigged.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:25 PM

Imagine that, and it even said that in the subject line. Of course the post isn't really stating that poker is rigged. But since you have the attention span of a 2 year old and can't read more than 5 sentences in a row without wandering off -- I am not suprised you don't realize that.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Can\'t we end this already?

First, I actually did take the time to read your entire post and for what it's worth, I think you make many insightful points and I for one am glad that you took the time to do. But really what all this comes down to is this:

1. You're right.

2. Let's face it.. To the people who are winning, they don't really care if it's rigged or not. Why should they? As long as they're making money their attitude is, shut up and either play or don't. They don't want to hear the conspiracy theories, etc. etc. And why should they?

Personally, I don't care if it's rigged until it starts affecting me to the point where I can't win. I have absolutely no doubt SOMEONE SOMEWHERE is cheating!! This is a 100% fact! I'm also sure it has cost me money. But I consider this money as cost of doing business. In other words, until it affects my win rate to the point where it's no longer worth playing online, I don't really care!

...And so neither does anyone else who is winning. If you could PROVE to them it's rigged, they still wouldn't care. The bottom line is they are absolutely right when they say if someone is NOT winning, it's because they are NOT good enough. Even if "NOT good enough", simply means they are not good enough to overcome the the fact that the games are rigged while others ARE good enough.

When you get someone making a post telling the people who are winning money, that they can't win because it's rigged, what kind of response are these people who are winning supposed to give?!!! STFU you idiot seems about right to me.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:50 PM

NO [censored] way am I reading all that! So is it rigged or not?

Freakin
Old 05-27-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO [censored] way am I reading all that! So is it rigged or not?

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]/

Dude It must be rigged if the dude can say this much stuff about it. Quantity is all that matters!
Old 05-27-2005, 05:20 PM

So your complaint upon entering a post specified as long, is that it is long? Why did you bother?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:59 PM

Do you really expect someone to read all that?
The subject is overdone.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:07 PM

So glad you guys didn't let me down. Bunch of un-supported, "I didn't bother reading it" and "loser fish" comments.

Keep knee-jerking.