Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2004, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Kerry will win on tuesday

Bush is actually a little bittle up in all of the polls.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't fear it, I think both men are def capable of running the country, they both will just do it differently. Both have positives and negatives, and IMO neither one has more positives then the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not afraid of his economic policy. It's his history on human rights and his views, and his advisors views, on foreign politcs that has me really worried. Kerry is such a wild card, who knows what will happen. Then man will say anything to get votes, so his "views" may not even be his views. Either way, I'm still worried.

Bipartisan politics suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wacki.
I think the rest of the world would agree that Bush has been, in terms of his foreign policy, the worst president ever.
While Bush is about going it alone and rushing to war, Kerry is about concensus building and stability. The world is a much more dangerous place than it was 4 years ago, thanks in large measure to the current administration.
Oh well, just my two cents. (now worth 1.6 cents US)
Old 11-01-2004, 11:02 AM

Maybe you should listen to what Kerry had to say in 1998 and before Howard Dean entered the picture.

www.kerryoniraq.com

BTW I disagree about the world being a more dangerous place.

Count the number of terrorist international terrorist attacks per year before 9/11 and after 9/11. It's a big difference. I posted the stats on a previous thread. Bush has tons of flaws, but going into Iraq is not one of them. The economist, Blair, the Aussies, .... and many more agree on that. The way he sold the war is a different matter.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This from the guy who was so certain the Red Sox had no chance.

Be afraid, Democrats. Be very afraid. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]This statement is somewhat innacurate. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I was rooting for the Yankees, and being very annoying about it, but I was not at all surprised Boston won the WS. I am surprised them came back and beat NY, but I honestly thought there were going to win before the series started.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:44 AM

I think you maybe have read to many things from right wing think tanks. Both men have faults, but I don't think either one is more egregious, per se, I just think Kerry is better suited(or at least more attractive to voters) on domestic policies. I feel pretty confident that some of the reforms Bush made to the CIA, FBI, and with the Homeland Sec. department, and especially with the recommendations of the 9/11 commision, that it doesn't really matter who is president, I feel safer at home already.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you maybe have read to many things from right wing think tanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Salt, your comment insults my intelligence. I think I am capable of comming to my own conclusions and not be spoon fed information. I also think I am able to detect and see through the vast majority of spin.

Articles I've read are not what scares me about Kerry. It's videos of Kerry talking and and his voting record that scares me. His testimony before congress scares me. His vote against the first gulf war makes me very uneasy. His voting history against intelligence and weapons systems combined with what he says scares me. The ease at which he will say whatever will "look" best makes me uneasy. The massive corruption that runs through the UN and Kerry's continuing fondness of the UN scares me. His urge to appease countries like France that sold Roland missiles to Iraq while we had troops on the border scares me. Kerry's asset siezure laws and effort to push the encryption laws scares me. I could go on and on and on......

Bush has tons of flaws as well. Bush's attitude towards the freedom of information act and scares me. His attitude toward federal funding of blastocyst stem cell lines, healthy forest initiative, his massive increases in domestic spending, inability to communicate all make me uneasy. Correction, his spending makes me very uneasy.

Both men have massive flaws. But one thing I am very certain of is that Bush is headed in the right direction in foreign politics. His implementation is sometimes off, but he is going in the right direction. I am very glad to see that the economist atleast agrees with me on that. I am not sure that Kerry will take us in the right direction when it comes to foreign politics. His voting history and words tell me no. He might suprise me, but I don't like the odds. I don't think people realize how important Iraq is and how much it will not only change the stability in the middle east for generations to come but will affect our safety as well.

Both presidents have massive flaws, I just think Bush's flaws aren't in the aren't as drastic as Kerry's in the issues that are most important today.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No Salt, your comment insults my intelligence. I think I am capable of comming to my own conclusions and not be spoon fed information.

[/ QUOTE ] My apologies.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure that Kerry will take us in the right direction when it comes to foreign politics

[/ QUOTE ] To be honest with you, I really think he will take a route similar to Bush, but with an attempt at more international involvement. Kerry changed his "view" once he say how valuable being anti-war was in the primaries. His is an opportunist, but so are all good politicians. Don't worry to much on tuesday when he gets elected [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2004, 01:07 PM

Kind of like I sensed the other day that calling a triple raise with AQ off suit was the right play> [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2004, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No Salt, your comment insults my intelligence. I think I am capable of comming to my own conclusions and not be spoon fed information.

[/ QUOTE ] My apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apology accepted.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure that Kerry will take us in the right direction when it comes to foreign politics

[/ QUOTE ] To be honest with you, I really think he will take a route similar to Bush, but with an attempt at more international involvement. Kerry changed his "view" once he say how valuable being anti-war was in the primaries. His is an opportunist, but so are all good politicians. Don't worry to much on tuesday when he gets elected [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had this thought, and I think there is a chance that Kerry might do well in the foreign politics sector. When looking back at his actions over the last 20 years, I have doubts, and I think that chance is an underdog. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I just hope all those actions were opportunist actions as well. But you're right, I will try not to worry.

If he does get elected, atleast blastocyst stem cells will get federal funding. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2004, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush rill re ronrey on ruesray

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you changing your avatar to Scooby-Doo?

Ruh-Roh.