Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Thought experiment

im a 10+ pt bb winner at 100nl and i regularly open limped. those people are stupid.

i also rarely, rarely, rarely, coldcalled pf raises. aside from pocket pairs, hardly ever.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im a 10+ pt bb winner at 100nl and i regularly open limped. those people are stupid.

i also rarely, rarely, rarely, coldcalled pf raises. aside from pocket pairs, hardly ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say rarely coldcalled without a pair, do you mean as the first caller or ever? After a raise and a call or two, I think calling with a hand like 89s or 9Ts is mandatory. No?

FWIW I agree being the first coldcaller with those types of hands (or even hands like KJs) is a big leak, one that I'm quite guilty of.

The Doc
Old 07-09-2005, 06:36 PM

I don't agree with the people who say never open limp.

I've sat at tables with 3%PFR. I love them. I play suited connectors any position. 1 Gappers, etc. I know I can limp in with junk cheap, see a flop, and get away. When I hit, I can still get calls from the calling stations.

I also think the higher level tables play different. I don't think they have someone raising and having 6 players seeing a flop. I'm not sure you can compare the 2 games.