Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Concerning monkeys

Is this really an easy push? Seems marginal to me.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:27 PM

That was the second thing I'm thinking. From CO, I probably fold with 10x BB here.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:28 PM

Ooh ooh I have an ace!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ooh ooh I have an ace!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY!!!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 06:44 PM

yes. it is that easy. my fold equity was as high as it was going to be (or at least it should have been under the assumption that the bb wouldnt call with any ace), and i was about to lose 300 chips. when i go out, i go out swinging.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:48 PM

After you berated him, did he reply with "Its better to be lucky than good?"...

I'm not sure what ICM experts would say about this, but he is getting 1:1.3 for his money, and will still be in decent shape if he loses. Knowing you have only 10BB, he may have seen a push as a sign of weakness. Feel free to flame away, but I dont see too much wrong with the way he played the hand.

You however pushed when the best you could hope for (if called) was a coinflip, and you lost the coinflip...
Old 05-29-2005, 06:58 PM

The call was definitely a bad one. You have to remember, even if he knows that the hero would push K8s, if that's at the bottom end of the pushing range, A3o isn't looking very good against that range.

[ QUOTE ]

You however pushed when the best you could hope for (if called) was a coinflip, and you lost the coinflip...

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually don't like the push much, but this is bad reasoning. He knows that he isn't in good shape when called. The point of the all-in is all of the equity gained by picking up the blinds when players fold... not the advantage you will (not) have when called.

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to flame away, but I dont see too much wrong with the way he played the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not looking to flame you. I do reccommend however, that you read these forums a lot before playing many more tourneys. You're logic shows a huge lack of understanding of tournament theory.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:01 PM

Would you have played AA/KK this way?
Old 05-29-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The call was definitely a bad one. You have to remember, even if he knows that the hero would push K8s, if that's at the bottom end of the pushing range, A3o isn't looking very good against that range.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually don't like the push much, but this is bad reasoning. He knows that he isn't in good shape when called. The point of the all-in is all of the equity gained by picking up the blinds when players fold... not the advantage you will (not) have when called.

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to flame away, but I dont see too much wrong with the way he played the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not looking to flame you. I do reccommend however, that you read these forums a lot before playing many more tourneys. You're logic shows a huge lack of understanding of tournament theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

a suited K8 is the absolute bottom of what i would have pushed with in this spot.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:25 PM

Looks like you messed up on your assumptions.

If you loosen your raising standards the ONLY way to combat it in my BB is to loosen my calling standards. Looks like he had you figured.