Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2004, 12:32 AM

Default Re: 20/40 - Huge laydown with a flopped flush. Foolish?

i would call and then check-call the river if i feared the ace high flush. he might have a set for all you know.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
see, we use this forum for (lots of reasons). however, when you make a play based ENTIRELY on a read, the only people who can comment are people who had the same read as you.

a 'read' does not depend on stragety. a 'read' does not depend on math (except when you have drawing outs, like if you had K6s in this situation, and may have odds to draw to a straightflush).

What does 'very very passive' mean? does it mean he'll only raise with a hand that beats yours (hence you are drawing dead)? Will he raise with any flush? seriously...these are my questions...my question isn't (forgive my previous response) "why did you post the hand".

what hands will he reraise you with here? what does 'very very passive' mean to you? are you ahead at least 1 in 8 times? if so, call down. if not, fold.

or, don't answer the questions, and realize that your post is impossible to respond to intelligently.

josh

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the longer explanation Josh. I understand what you mean now. Didn't quite before.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:21 AM

i think thats absolutely absurd to fold, at least check and call it down, good god man, WUT DO U THINK He flopped the nut flush and u flopped the secondary nut, at most he hit a set...

jeez blgdvDvxcvxcvh how could u FOLD!!
Old 12-27-2004, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think thats absolutely absurd to fold, at least check and call it down, good god man, WUT DO U THINK He flopped the nut flush and u flopped the secondary nut, at most he hit a set...

jeez blgdvDvxcvxcvh how could u FOLD!!

[/ QUOTE ]

umm...is reading too many tommy angelo posts a viable excuse? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2004, 01:38 AM

Maybe he was bluff-reraising?
Old 12-27-2004, 01:42 AM

Default Re: 20/40 - incorrect fold

why not call it down? the pot is large, so call it down? to fold in a pot this big can not be correct?

i also think the preflop raise is incorrect. you make a flush by the river less then 6% of the time, that many people IF you flop top pair there are hands that beat you. KTs is playable in that position, but not a premium hand.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not call it down? the pot is large, so call it down? to fold in a pot this big can not be correct?

i also think the preflop raise is incorrect. you make a flush by the river less then 6% of the time, that many people IF you flop top pair there are hands that beat you. KTs is playable in that position, but not a premium hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the pre-flop raise is easily correct... I want people correctly chasing me down when I hit my straight or flush. This table is loose..I'm pushing my edge, and I am not playing for 1 pair value here. If I do get out kicked on a lone king..all the power to the villain..
Old 12-27-2004, 01:55 AM

avatar i think its agreed upon the community... u made the wrong choice in folding, sorry [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2004, 02:19 AM

"i also think the preflop raise is incorrect"

I now officially wonder if you even play poker. Are you perhaps related to Turning Stone Pro?
Old 12-27-2004, 02:54 AM

I don't think I understand. Do you consider it a standard/strong move to raise with KTs from the small blind?

(I'm just a lurker here, mostly I hang out on NL. FWIW, to answer the original post, I would never lay this down in a LIMIT game in that situation, but I would check/call a rock.)