Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: A Hand Played by a Colleague

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
awesome hand, perfectly played by your friend.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK if this were OOT, you would probably SI..P. But seriously, on the hand, as postulated, the muppet may have been hasty in the other post in folding (when HU) because he has hidden counterfeted outs.

I call down here with the J outs and draw to counterfeit his 2 pair. More interestingly, if MP was to call the turn then I'm outta there. The combinatorial aspects of being up against 2 others with the potentailly tainted Jd is too much.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I think I would raise the turn here for info, if he does have that flush I'm sure he would 3-bet, giving the hint to fold. If no more diamonds come I'm calling it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he calls your turn raise and bets or checks the river... then what?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:06 PM

If we raise this turn with intention of folding to a 3-bet and putting no more money in the pot (which if we are ahead, we will not get anymore money) we need to be good 18% of the time.

I just can't fold yet. I honestly say that I am raising this turn and folding to any additional aggression.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we raise this turn with intention of folding to a 3-bet and putting no more money in the pot (which if we are ahead, we will not get anymore money) we need to be good 18% of the time.

I just can't fold yet. I honestly say that I am raising this turn and folding to any additional aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is not advocating raising the turn. OP made this post as a refutation of another post.

WD.... see what you have started. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we raise this turn with intention of folding to a 3-bet and putting no more money in the pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

As you are closing the action and it's heads up, how is this advantageous to a call-down?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is not advocating raising the turn. OP made this post as a refutation of another post.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I was looking to prove was that the situation mentioned is hardly an obvious fold on the turn...

And, I don't see much bad about generating some interesting, somewhat tangential discussion. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

All I was looking to prove was that the situation mentioned is hardly an obvious fold on the turn...

And, I don't see much bad about generating some interesting, somewhat tangential discussion. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This man deserves a noogie.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This man deserves a noogie.

[/ QUOTE ]

And ship that noogie immediately... Nice post Deeb.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link please
Old 08-08-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link please

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1