Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Fantasy football draft strategy question - esp. for ESPN vets

[ QUOTE ]
it looks like you need to rank all the RB's by recieving potential, see if any monsters are left, and draft them. I think the WR's will be good enough for you to grab some quality ones in the the next 2 rounds.

BTW, how did tiki outscore LT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiki outscored LT in my main league last year and we have a somewhat standard scoring system (but bonus points for recepts, rec TD's, long TDs, etc...)
Old 08-18-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Last season for example, Muhsin Muhammed led all WR's with 344 pts. and Donald Driver was #10 with 273 pts. The #20 WR was Eddie Kennison with 243.

The leading RB was Tiki Barber with 352 pts. (receiving heavy, as you can see). Rudi Johnson was #10 with 241 pts. The #20 RB was Priest Holmes, who scored 203, albeit due to injury. But the total points of the RB's drops off at a quicker pace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't the above information dictate that you take a RB in the first round? The dropoff is much too quick. The difference (RB1 - RB10) is more than the dropoff (WR1 - WR20). To me, that screams take RBs. As armchair said, you can get top 25 WRs late in the draft.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Last season for example, Muhsin Muhammed led all WR's with 344 pts. and Donald Driver was #10 with 273 pts. The #20 WR was Eddie Kennison with 243.

The leading RB was Tiki Barber with 352 pts. (receiving heavy, as you can see). Rudi Johnson was #10 with 241 pts. The #20 RB was Priest Holmes, who scored 203, albeit due to injury. But the total points of the RB's drops off at a quicker pace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't the above information dictate that you take a RB in the first round? The dropoff is much too quick. The difference (RB1 - RB10) is more than the dropoff (WR1 - WR20). To me, that screams take RBs. As armchair said, you can get top 25 WRs late in the draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was thinking that getting two top-10 WR's would be an advantage perhaps, but you're right, I'd need a RB in the 3rd round to pan out perfectly, and I can't count on that happening.