Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Running God Awful, help

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I know you you feel.

I'm in the middle of one my worst downswings. Obviously, some of my loses have become tilt-induced. But I swear, I've been subject to abnormally large number of repeated 2-outer suckouts in the last little while.

Sad to say, but I was honestly starting to feel that the "new" Party was rigged. And I'm being sincere here. Tonight I registered my first sigificant winning session in about 3 weeks - including at least 15,000 hands. I think I'm starting to see the light - hopefully.

Funny how this game plays with your head.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

well, ive went through a similar swing; and one of my coworkers went through the same exact thing; both happened this weekend. i lost all these hands to suckouts: in all of them i went all in preflop with atleast $25, most times were over $50. AA vs. QQ: queen on the flop. AA vs. AJ: Q K 10 on the flop. KK vs. 1010 vs. QJs($117 pot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]):10 on the flop and runner runner jacks to cement it. in a tourney i got involved with the chip leader; i had ducks he had ace high. flop comes AA2; i raise him all in and of course he calls, running 10s. all that money i had in the pot with a dominating hand each time, and all of it down the [censored] drain, thanks to partypoker. another guy that i work with is friends with a pro player at Commerce, and apparently theres alot of talk there about partypoker messing with peoples hands. thats pretty shitty to hear after losing about $200 in one day, when i couldnt possibly ask for better positions to get my cash all in [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 11:53 PM

Starting in January, my high was $24,000 in profit achieved at the beginning of August. Since then I've lost $4,000 (granted I barely play now that I started work, but still. At my level $600NL that's about 8 buy ins. It's made me take a vacation.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I know you you feel.

I'm in the middle of one my worst downswings. Obviously, some of my loses have become tilt-induced. But I swear, I've been subject to abnormally large number of repeated 2-outer suckouts in the last little while.

Sad to say, but I was honestly starting to feel that the "new" Party was rigged. And I'm being sincere here. Tonight I registered my first sigificant winning session in about 3 weeks - including at least 15,000 hands. I think I'm starting to see the light - hopefully.

Funny how this game plays with your head.

Adam ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the worst month of my poker career this month as well and felt EXACTLY how you did. i started to seriously think the new party poker was rigged. I was pasting hands to friends non stop through most of the downswing.... it was ridiculous. Biggest loss in money ever for me.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:32 AM

You're not on a downswing, they don't exist.