Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Horrible Call by Villain?

[ QUOTE ]
limping utg with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is too weak as seen, you will most likely get raised making the hand not very profitable to be played from EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you're saying this when I've given you no information about the game makes me think you might not understand PF play that well.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I limp UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villian raises.

Everyone folds, I call.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check planning to check/raise because I think there's a decent chance he has overcards and will dump his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing. When I see this board, I know it's pretty much a top pair/overpair/set type of board (drawless). If your read is overcards, you could set up a CR on the turn, by smooth-calling the flop.

If he's a thinking opponent, he's going to give you credit for something on the flop. The turn will dictate your next action.

Anything less than paint, I'd check going for a CR then. Turn CR's carry much more weight than flop CR's

Now he may even check it through, giving you credit for your flop call.- then you can bit the river with a large number of cards that will fall.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now he may even check it through, giving you credit for your flop call.- then you can bit the river with a large number of cards that will fall.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you that a turn checkraise is better and carries more weight and has a lot more FE against a TAG. However, if I was in villain's spot, and chose to check through the turn with A-high, it was because I was planning on calling a river bet against this opponent, so I don't think betting the river if he checks the turn has much merit.