Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Tough hand, street by street (w/reads)

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ??

I'm looking for a line, not a simple bet or check. Check with the intention of what, at what point will you fold (if any).

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like a WA/WB to me, in which case I'd go for the c/c, c/c, bet/fold line (re-evaluating with each street, of course).
Old 04-27-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i might check raise, and call down if he three bets. Or maybe cap the flop, bet the turn and fold if raised. I'm not sure... one of those

[/ QUOTE ]

If you CR the flop and he 3 bets, what are you putting him on that makes you want to call down?

What are you putting him on that makes you want to cap? If you cap he might just call down with AQ or KK and you will lose lots of money.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:44 PM

Three bizzle. All day long and twice on Sunday.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:47 PM

Checkraise the flop, if he three bets its call down city. I can't lay down there unless he showed me a better hand.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:52 PM

I agree w/ the C/C, C/C, B/F line here.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:53 PM

This is what THE LINE was invented for. And pf is an easy 3 bet. And the word fold should not be in this thread unless preceded by do not.

-Mike
Old 04-27-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checkraise the flop, if he three bets its call down city. I can't lay down there unless he showed me a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the range of hands you put him on after the flop cap? I thought this was a way ahead or way behind sort of hand. Check-call, check-call, bet was running through my mind pretty strongly at this point.

Krishan
Old 04-27-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is what THE LINE was invented for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If you don't see this as way ahead, way behind, post your arguments. On with the hand.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

Is it time to abandon the c/c, c/c, b plan? And if so how? And given the opponent's likely range of hands you should consider how he will react.

Krishan
Old 04-27-2005, 11:00 PM

I C/R here. Now you're way ahead of KK/AA, but I doubt he folds those to a C/R and will call us down for 2 BB. JJ/TT will now fold (maybe) and we'd lose a BB if we'd done C/C/B line. The only hand we're worried about is AQ, and I'm not that worried.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:01 PM

Well, you said your opponent is a think TAG and I assume he knows you are solid so...how do we get the most out of him. If he folds to c/rs too much, lead the turn and the river. This will net you 2BB. Another possible line, since you claimed he likes to make thing value bets is check call turn and checkraise river. I think he is much less likely to fold for one on the river than on the turn. If I were him I would value bet my overpair 100% of the time on the river, since I would probably put you on 99-44ish type of hands of maybe AK.

-Mike