Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: anyone see the gerald green dunk?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gerald Green is a future all-star....of course he's not Lebron though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Future allstar based on what? I'm sure none of you have actually seen him play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seen video, of course...he's an unbelievable athlete...looks like Tmac or Kobe did when they came out of HS. Just my opinion.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:38 AM

I wouldn't expect much out of him anytime soon. He's really struggling in the summer league right now. He's turning ball over and fouling at an astounding rate. It is summer league, but it's clear he has a very long way to go before he could even be at the end of a rotation.

From what I can gather, the main reason he fell in the draft was very bad interviews. He came off as being extremely immature, especially when compared to the very mature Martell Webster. Green could turn into a player, but my impression from the interviews I saw and read were that it is very possible he will never get "it" enough to utilize his skills in the NBA. It will be interesting to see if he can prove myself and others who question him wrong.

Kobe was obviously very mature coming out of HS. McGrady, I don't really know, but he was a very solid defender early which earned him valuable minutes. Green is really a terrible defender at this point and he turns the ball over on offense so it will be hard for him to get any floor time if the C's are actually in the playoff chase.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't expect much out of him anytime soon. He's really struggling in the summer league right now. He's turning ball over and fouling at an astounding rate. It is summer league, but it's clear he has a very long way to go before he could even be at the end of a rotation.

From what I can gather, the main reason he fell in the draft was very bad interviews. He came off as being extremely immature, especially when compared to the very mature Martell Webster. Green could turn into a player, but my impression from the interviews I saw and read were that it is very possible he will never get "it" enough to utilize his skills in the NBA. It will be interesting to see if he can prove myself and others who question him wrong.

Kobe was obviously very mature coming out of HS. McGrady, I don't really know, but he was a very solid defender early which earned him valuable minutes. Green is really a terrible defender at this point and he turns the ball over on offense so it will be hard for him to get any floor time if the C's are actually in the playoff chase.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't know this...thanks.