Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: 44 button party 50

Hi Jeff,

My experience at 10/20 6m is that AK will frequently take precisely this line, as it is a combination value bluff play of sorts. AK is frequently ahead on that board but also would prefer to take down the pot, and sometimes getting a pair to fold is just icing on the cake. I guess I think we are much more likely ahead then the other respondents, but I have not played this (apparently well known) opponent either.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-17-2005, 04:49 PM

A good player who has played a lot of mid limit 6 max should know any piece of that board is probably not folding to a turn checkraise. That's why WHEN HE ACTUALLY CHECKRAISES, it is more likely to be a stronger holding that he wants action on. I'm not saying this is all the time or all players, but it's something I observed. But when he's raised on the flop, he may checkraise the turn...checkraising after he is flat called on the flop is scarier to me if I'm in hero's shoes.

Jeff
Old 11-17-2005, 05:33 PM

seems like people like raising the flop a lot here. i rarely raise the flop in position.

do you think i have enough equity to raise a non-A or nonK turn if I flat call the flop? thats generally my standard line, but i usually play shorter handed.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My experience at 10/20 6m is that AK will frequently take precisely this line,

[/ QUOTE ]
there is little chance kuka is playing AK like this and this checkraise represents real strength, generally.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
never sat in the party 50 before. (too long of lists always).

villain is Kukavica, was at all of my tables. only read is that he was 18/15 preflop. call down? call and fold UI? 3bet?

Party Poker 50/100 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4, 4.
6 folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8, 3, 6 (2 players)
SB bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises

[/ QUOTE ]

Through ~15k hands, here are the hands Kukavica has 3-bet from the sb (WSD):

33,44,55,66,77,88,99,TT,JJ,QQ,KK,AA
A5s,AJs,AQs,AKs
ATo,AJo,AQo,AKo

___1___
Old 11-17-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like people like raising the flop a lot here. i rarely raise the flop in position.

do you think i have enough equity to raise a non-A or nonK turn if I flat call the flop? thats generally my standard line, but i usually play shorter handed.

[/ QUOTE ]
With a small pocket pair in a HU situation I also rarely raise the flop, With this kind of hand I like to see four cards before I decide what to do rather than 3. If I'm out of position I will check and call the flop and then decide what to do on the turn(usually its between betting out or checking and calling again), When I have position I will smooth call most of the time and again make my decision on the turn between calling again or raising.