Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 09:59 AM

Default stupid observation

i got it now this "spirit rocker" guy overbets the nuts, doe he know that? he needs to get on 2+2 so we can teach him how to play, you know i know that he knows that i know ..... anybody agree with this line?
VI,
jason
Old 02-10-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Re: spirit rock hand

Dont you usually bet this flop? I like the bet flop/check turn or bet flop bet turn check river line much better. Again, this may not be the most +EV play, but at least you will probably slow down an aggressive opponent like SR.

-jason
Old 02-10-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: stupid observation

there are very few people (certainly single digit) on 2+2 who can teach spirit rock anything about NL ring games.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont you usually bet this flop? I like the bet flop/check turn or bet flop bet turn check river line much better. Again, this may not be the most +EV play, but at least you will probably slow down an aggressive opponent like SR.

-jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. In position he will often call behind to steal on a later street if he senses weakness, the same way he would smoothcall if he flopped a big hand.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:03 PM

I fold because I don't know what to do and people that soar with the eagles get sucked up in Jet engines.

I'm suspecting he called with medium pocket pair, or perhaps middle A. But then the overbet on the river looks very enticing. It almost screams "Snap my bluff off please". I don't think he's going to put that size bet in with QT, KT, JT. So I'm going to fold and not think about it anymore.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:37 PM

Weakness?

Who said the hero was weak. He has AQ on a rag rag rag board. When its his action on the flop, I should think he has the best hand, no? And if he doesn't betting still isnt wrong.

Oh, and if prahlad needs a Don King type figure in his life, he now knows where to turn.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-jason

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds like a limit hold'em line, he can't really call the flop with a worse hand in NL and if he just has a draw he's good enough so i doubt he's going to let me show down my ace high as good.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:50 PM

Well I like to think of it as a bet to protect your hand, and as cover for the times you'll bet here after you raised PF with nothing.

How's Shania today?

-Jason
Old 02-10-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand can't be responded to intelligently without a good description of the speed at which he has been playing and other such factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah... i wasn't sure if this hand would be interesting for discussion when i posted it. based on how we've both been playing and all i think there's a good chance he's bluffing. so i guess i'm asking even if i think he's bluffing can i trust my read vs. such a good player in this pot? i figured i would give him respect and not lose a lot of money in a marginal situation vs. a v. good plaer who maybe is thinking a level above me. also, what if he hs a smaller pair, can i call because of that fact or maybe i should raise all in?
Old 02-10-2005, 05:07 PM

Well, what scares me is he may be only thinking he's bluffing with something like 33 or 44 or even A2s.

You may correctly read that he is bluffing -- and still lose.