Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Eckstein?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
manny ramirez has more hustle in his left nut than eckstein has in his 14yr old body.

[/ QUOTE ]huh?? You can't be serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant be serious in asking if i am serious. seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think there is a single player that hustles and tries his hardest the entire time, like Eckstein.

Note, I am not calling Manny lazy, I am saying Eckstein works his ass off(and I am definitely not an Eck fan).
Old 08-08-2005, 11:52 PM

yeah he does. manny is a slacker out of the box, for sure.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
carp should have got the win, it was a shame he didnt. and manny is a piece of [censored] and i know we all agree on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I like Manny. He's entertaining.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
manny ramirez has more steroids/lithium in his left nut than eckstein has in his 14yr old body. [/quote}

fixed your post.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and manny is a piece of [censored] and i know we all agree on that.

um, no. you are in the minority with that opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love boston fans and can't wait for the sox to NOT win the world series this year so they shut up. seriously, do you think they have a chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh they have zero chance to win the WS. its not like they are in first place in the toughest division in the league, or the playoffs are more luck than anything else. naww...zero % chance of winning. anyone who disagrees is obviously dumb.

now, onto your statement. you said manny was a scumbag, and everybody knows that. now, i ask you why is that? me being a red sox fan has nothing to do with calling you out on a ridiculous statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you fail to see that manny is a perfect example of what is wrong with sports (ie giving more money than anyone ought to get to a baby who doesn't always try, loafs around, cannot play the outfield and distracts everyone around him with his childish antics of wanting to be traded, leaving through the wall to piss during an inning w/o telling anyone, etc).

Now, on to the the Red Sox and their World Series chances. Now they've got experience. But that's about it compared to last year (correct me if i'm wrong here). But they lost their Ace and got...David Wells and Matt Clement? That'll hurt them...a rotation of Wells, Clement, Arroyoyoyo and Wakefield is less frightening than the Pirates rotation, since at least they have Zack Duke. We know they can hit and in a short series that does matter, but I don't like their chances to repeat. First off it's difficult, secondly they wont be the lucky wildcard which somehow wins every year it seems and more importantly the majority of Red Sox fans and their arrogance over winning a WS will make sure that the rest of the country is rooting against them, which hopefully will convince someone to make sure the Red Sox suffer a WS meltdown (assuming they get there) similar to the Mets in '86 and the Giants in '02.

Furthermore my Twins somehow took 2 of 3 from them this past weekend and if that is an indication of anything then the Red Sox are in trouble, since the Twins have fallen fast into the depths of the AL central.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and manny is a piece of [censored] and i know we all agree on that.

um, no. you are in the minority with that opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love boston fans and can't wait for the sox to NOT win the world series this year so they shut up. seriously, do you think they have a chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh they have zero chance to win the WS. its not like they are in first place in the toughest division in the league, or the playoffs are more luck than anything else. naww...zero % chance of winning. anyone who disagrees is obviously dumb.

now, onto your statement. you said manny was a scumbag, and everybody knows that. now, i ask you why is that? me being a red sox fan has nothing to do with calling you out on a ridiculous statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you fail to see that manny is a perfect example of what is wrong with sports (ie giving more money than anyone ought to get to a baby who doesn't always try, loafs around, cannot play the outfield and distracts everyone around him with his childish antics of wanting to be traded, leaving through the wall to piss during an inning w/o telling anyone, etc).

Now, on to the the Red Sox and their World Series chances. Now they've got experience. But that's about it compared to last year (correct me if i'm wrong here). But they lost their Ace and got...David Wells and Matt Clement? That'll hurt them...a rotation of Wells, Clement, Arroyoyoyo and Wakefield is less frightening than the Pirates rotation, since at least they have Zack Duke. We know they can hit and in a short series that does matter, but I don't like their chances to repeat. First off it's difficult, secondly they wont be the lucky wildcard which somehow wins every year it seems and more importantly the majority of Red Sox fans and their arrogance over winning a WS will make sure that the rest of the country is rooting against them, which hopefully will convince someone to make sure the Red Sox suffer a WS meltdown (assuming they get there) similar to the Mets in '86 and the Giants in '02.

Furthermore my Twins somehow took 2 of 3 from them this past weekend and if that is an indication of anything then the Red Sox are in trouble, since the Twins have fallen fast into the depths of the AL central.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2005, 02:58 AM

I think the Cardinals are the team with the best shot to win the WS. They have a playoff spot locked up, which is more than anyone else can say in the AL except the White Sox.

They likely have the home field advantage throughout the playoffs, which means they probably face the NL West Winner Round 1 (assuming the Astros get a playoff spot).

They have a very good chance of coming out of the NL for the WS, better than any team in the AL by a signifigant amount, and as long as they aren't creamed by a team, they should be the favorites for the WS right now.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Cardinals have a much better chance of winning the WS than the Red Sox, because the Red Sox are going to be 60/40 against a good Angels/A's team, most likely.

While the Cardinals are going to have a walk in their first series against the NL West Winner.

The Red Sox would have to be a truly great team to make that up.

Unless the Cardinals still have injuries in October, they're going to be coming out of the NL 50% of the time. The Red Sox are going to have a helluva time making that up.

Cardinals should probably be favored to win WS right now, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot to mention they have the best player (pujols) and pitcher (carp) in the majors. that certainly helps.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Cardinals have a much better chance of winning the WS than the Red Sox, because the Red Sox are going to be 60/40 against a good Angels/A's team, most likely.

While the Cardinals are going to have a walk in their first series against the NL West Winner.

The Red Sox would have to be a truly great team to make that up.

Unless the Cardinals still have injuries in October, they're going to be coming out of the NL 50% of the time. The Red Sox are going to have a helluva time making that up.

Cardinals should probably be favored to win WS right now, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot to mention they have the best player (pujols) and pitcher (carp) in the majors. that certainly helps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Carpenter's an ace, but I think Clemens is a bit better. Yup, that certainly helps.

I think the Astros could be scary in a 5 game series though. Clemens + Oswalt back to back.

Luckily, the Cards don't have to face them in a 5 game series.

Good lineup, good rotation, decent bullpen, good defense.

Yeah, definitely favored in the WS.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there is a single player that hustles and tries his hardest the entire time, like Eckstein.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeter