Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Removing ability to delete posts

[ QUOTE ]
You were the one that caught the guy last night, right? That was pretty good. I am thinking instead of changing the software they could hire you as a private detective. Maybe you can start an agency. Then we could have a forum for Internal Affairs. Because, who would police the police?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, Coast Guard?
Old 12-04-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You were the one that caught the guy last night, right? That was pretty good. I am thinking instead of changing the software they could hire you as a private detective. Maybe you can start an agency. Then we could have a forum for Internal Affairs. Because, who would police the police?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, Coast Guard?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, if we have that, we will definitely need a shipping/filing system forum. Obviously the Coast Guard would have to communicate with your detective agency. You know, you could become more of a 911 as well. People will post emergencies such as spam, racial slurs, etc...and you could delete it faster than maybe the moderator. And we would have real strict rules on this 911 forum. Like, if you prank call it you have a 6 month ban and if you post something that is not an "emergency", even on accident, you get banned for 3 months. Basically 2+2 could have its own little police department.

craig
Old 12-04-2005, 06:46 AM

I would definitely be willing to volunteer my time as a 2+2 police officer, but only if I got a blue cop name.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely be willing to volunteer my time as a 2+2 police officer, but only if I got a blue cop name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but people will refer to you as Det. Tony Paladino. I guess at first you would probably need a few assistants for forensics, CSI, and.....ahhhh....man, this would just be too much. Because you can't just "ban" somebody. There needs to be a trial of some kind. Which now means we need judges (we have to make sure one could file for a change of venue), and juries. I don't know if the 2+2 owners and operators are up for it. I think we had something good, but it would be too much work.

craig

p.s. This is the second thread we have hijacked liked this.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:28 AM

I was gonna say, they should just change this forum to "Tony & Craig Banter" since we are the only ones to ever keep a discussion going on here.

TONY
Old 12-04-2005, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was gonna say, they should just change this forum to "Tony & Craig Banter" since we are the only ones to ever keep a discussion going on here.

TONY

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have had one total serious suggestion. If they did that it would be even funnier if neither of us were the mods though.

craig
Old 12-04-2005, 10:03 AM

I checked the settings and it looks like the only option we have is to totally disable the edit function. I assume this would not be an acceptable fix.