Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Bet and fold to a call (low content)

Its not very often Jacks beat queens so good [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 11:04 AM

Possible lines stemming from this hand:

"I can't beat your call."
"Your call is good."
"I missed."
"I think you got there with your call."
Old 07-15-2005, 12:24 PM

I was playing at Canterbury a few months ago when I called a river bet from a LAG opponent. He mucked when I called and then had the audacity to demand to see my cards.

The dealer, who was visibly steaming over lack of tips from the guy, told him to shove it.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing at Canterbury a few months ago when I called a river bet from a LAG opponent. He mucked when I called and then had the audacity to demand to see my cards.

The dealer, who was visibly steaming over lack of tips from the guy, told him to shove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer actually said "shove it" or had a mean tone? I've never seen a dealer get confrontational with a player.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer actually said "shove it" or had a mean tone? I've never seen a dealer get confrontational with a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

When she showed up at the table, she started chatting with one of the regulars at the table bitching about how much she had been getting stiffed that night. Not too long after that, the LAG guy didn't toke on a smallish pot... she didn't say anything but gave him the evil eye for a bit.

So later on, he mucks after I call and asks to see my hand. I shrug and flip over the cards - as soon as they are face up she puts her hand down on them, picks them up, and tosses them into the muck. She then points at him and almost yells "If you want to see his cards, you can flip yours over when he calls."
Old 07-16-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Muhahahaha.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When she showed up at the table, she started chatting with one of the regulars at the table bitching about how much she had been getting stiffed that night. Not too long after that, the LAG guy didn't toke on a smallish pot... she didn't say anything but gave him the evil eye for a bit.

So later on, he mucks after I call and asks to see my hand. I shrug and flip over the cards - as soon as they are face up she puts her hand down on them, picks them up, and tosses them into the muck. She then points at him and almost yells "If you want to see his cards, you can flip yours over when he calls."

[/ QUOTE ]
who was the dealer?
Old 07-16-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who was the dealer?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea, I don't get down there enough to remember names.