Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Are you convinced enough to fold?

Hard to say, I know lots of players that would 3-bet preflop with 99 and play the flop exactly the same way. As for the hang-arounder they could have a pretty wide range considering the pot has gotten large and bozos with any PP or overcards/runner draws will see a turn.

Now on the flop I'm not a big fan of your 3-bet. If your plan was to 3-bet a raggy flop I would have just capped preflop not called. Granted there are lots of players who would play 88-TT in this fashion but more likely it's QQ-AA so after the flop raise and all the cold calls I'm probably just calling down as in all likleyhood my pot equity has turned to poop.

I don't think I can fold the pot has gotten just silly and if I spike a J on the river I bet you can get in a CR and get paid in 2 places in addition to the fact that you might still be ahead I'm not folding.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and cap preflop many times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, but I cap AKo preflop.

I just didn't think they capped the flop, hence why I got curious. =)
Old 12-04-2004, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now on the flop I'm not a big fan of your 3-bet. If your plan was to 3-bet a raggy flop I would have just capped preflop not called.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm...
Preflop I'm a bit afraid of any A, K or Q on the board. Neither showed up, and I often see people raise AK in a spot like that, so I went ahead and 3-bet. Especially since he may have had TT as well.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:56 PM

Against an unknown I think you have to call down. There are enough maniacs out there to make calling down with overpair good IMO. If you know the guy is reasonable then he has you beat with a higher pair.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:37 AM

If you're going to read a raise on a raggy flop by a pre-flop 3 bettor as AK thats fine just cap it preflop, it's esentially the same thing and you get more "info" post flop by capping preflop. You cap preflop and he still raises that's totally different than calling a 3 bet preflop and you get raised.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:38 AM

I think I bet the turn with the intention of folding to a CR from UTG+2 or MP1. If CO raises, I'm content to call it down against an unknown.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:58 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Easy...

[ QUOTE ]
Recently sat down, so no reads

[/ QUOTE ]

No reads. I have an overpair to the board. Im not folding.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put them on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on what? One thing is i'd be suprised if anyone had a 7. Other than that? Who knows.

CO probably has an overpair to you, but you don't know this player well enough to lay it down. I've seen players go ape-[censored] with 88/99/TT in this spot quite a bit thanks to helmuths book. Though that style has simmered a bit, it's still there.

No way am i folding this.

b
Old 12-05-2004, 08:21 AM

i agree with the responses to call down. this pots way too big. i also want to add that folding the best hand here would be a good way to put yourself on tilt real fast. so if you consider these calls a little "loose", it might be worth it.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:19 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I don't have an issue with not wanting to fold, but if you're not goign to fold, I see no reason to 3-bet the flop
Old 12-05-2004, 09:21 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I wouldn't have 3-bet the flop, and I would've capped preflop. Once I capped preflop and bet and got raised the flop, I would've just called down, but hated it

and if you really wanted to be sure, you could've bet the turn. if raised, you're beat