Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Suicide pool picks -- your opinion please

I guess the question boils down to:

Is the risk of GB losing to Chicago outweighed by the benefit of taking SD over Miami instead of Atlanta over New Orleans? Most of you seem to say no.

Thanks again.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The teams I have taken this year are: New England, the Jets, Eagles, Baltimore, Indy, Seattle, Washington, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Carolina, Denver, and Cincinnati.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some really terrible matchups next week that i think you could also exploit, of teams that you might never consider playing. Its an intersting approach to take late in a survivor set like this - go off the wall but exploiting a serious talent mis-match and you might be able to win or make up serious ground on the remainders if there's a big upset.

there's almost always a big big upset at this stage of the playoff picture. You've got teams on the bubble trying very very hard to win, and teams who've got a game or two lead slacking just a little and getting spoiled by a serious underdog. Its just empirical, but its a trend that's there...

Here's a couple off-the-wall for next week, if you take SD this week:

Oakland at the Jets. Jets are #30 rush defense. Lamont Jordan, meet the Jets Endzone. Jets Endzone, meet Lamont Jordan. Oh, you've already met three other times today? My fault...

Titans playing Houston at home. As bad as the Titans are this year, they beat Houston by two TDs in Houston earlier in the year.

Week 15 you've got Arizona at Houston or St. Louis playing a free-falling Philly team at home (assuming Fitz looks as good this week and next as he did last week).

Just some food for thought.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:21 PM

About time we had a GOOD suicide pool question here.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About time we had a GOOD suicide pool question here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got 17,400 reasons why it's a DAMN good question. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 09:27 PM

Very good point about Tennessee next week. I had discounted that game out of hand, which was probably a mistake. I could take SD this week and then Tennessee next week.

I appreciate your responses.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:46 AM

Watch the weather forecast for the Chicago game.
The weather may be unsettled...
Old 11-30-2005, 01:24 PM

The interesting twist to these rivalry games is that Saints-Falcons, Bears-Packers, and Chargers-Raiders have always been very friendly to the visiting team for as long as I can remember. It's not like Broncos-Chiefs where the home team wins every game. I like the Chargers both weeks but I'm not sure who I like better between the Packers this week & the Falcons next week.
Am I a total nut if I suggest Miami this week? I saw the first Fish-Bills game up in Buffalo and the Bills had to hang on for dear life despite Miami setting a franchise record for penalties and turning the ball over 6 times. It was like the opposite of the '98 wildcard game when the Bills did everything possible to the lose the game on the road and still almost won.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:40 AM

I would go with the second. I am a huge Chicago fan, but I don't trust [censored] from them this week vs GB. I don't care if they've won 7 strait, they are a flaky team. Period, soph pasuch, the end.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:21 PM

Just thought, for everyone that was kind enough to give me their opinion, that I'd let you know I wound up taking Chicago last week. All 10 people survived; but I am only one of 2 that has San Diego left, and I'll be taking them this week.

Thanks again to everyone that took a second to share their opinion.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:04 PM

I think I like Oakland or even Green Bay more this week.
Then I assume you take Miami next week and Minn the week after?