Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Did I go too far with AKo??

Cap preflop. Bet on the flop and then check fold. I hate situations like this though.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap preflop. Bet on the flop and then check fold. I hate situations like this though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question - what is the purpose of betting on the flop? Do we think that any reasonably opponent will do anything other than raise us here? Or am I giving the Villains too much credit for these stakes? Also, how often do we think that we fold out any hand that the 3-better played preflop?

I guess what I am looking at is that if we bet now, then check the Turn, we will surely get bet into?
Old 09-22-2005, 01:07 PM

I think like this. I represent a high PP by betting out. There is no draw out there so if they call they have us beat. Therefore I am checkfolding the turn. But I hate AK. I have a thread up just like yours.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 01:10 PM

Again, two overcards is tough for me, so I do want to work on these. (grunching)

CO reraised preflop so it seems hard to believe he has the 7 (though I know it is possible), more like he is AK AQ KQ or medium to big PP. Villian could have the 7 and be planning to check raise the flop. It is hard to count on this though, so I think you should check raise the flop. This forces the villian to cold call 2 bets on the flop. I think this helps protect you hand and possibly give you a free river card. It's a large pot so I want to try and give myself as many opportunities to win as I can.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, two overcards is tough for me, so I do want to work on these. (grunching)

CO reraised preflop so it seems hard to believe he has the 7 (though I know it is possible), more like he is AK AQ KQ or medium to big PP. Villian could have the 7 and be planning to check raise the flop. It is hard to count on this though, so I think you should check raise the flop. This forces the villian to cold call 2 bets on the flop. I think this helps protect you hand and possibly give you a free river card. It's a large pot so I want to try and give myself as many opportunities to win as I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting thought on a flop check-raise. I have done this in the past to gain information (if MP calls then I have to be concerned that he has either a 7 or an overpair). I can maybe get him to fold out a hand like QJs also, which may help me split the pot (assuming that CO has AKs or AK) if a Q or J fall.

I'm not sure how profitable this play is however.

Also, at this limit I would expect the Villain (MP) to check-raise the Turn rather than the flop...this is the standard line for most Micro-Limiters when they flop trips.