Default Re: Recent changes to the BRP bonus structure

Agreed.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why was it changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take a stab at this. I played only .5/1.00 NL (due to complete lack of full 2/4 limit games)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bytestream, how were the 0.50/1.00 NL tables? So far, I'm finding the same problems with the 2/4 fixed games. I was on last night and there were only 2 full tables going, each with a sizeable waiting list. After a while, we were able to get a 3rd one going, but had to play 2/4 SH first. In looking around, I noticed a fair number of the players at each table were also sitting at 3/6 tables (I think there were only 2 going). Seemed like the 3/6 guys were having the same problem of only a table or two to choose from, so they moved down to 2/4. Thus, I'm curious if there are other games, that I play, that will help with the bonus clearing. I need to look at the restrictions further to see if I'm restricted on the # of BRPs I can earn at the 0.50/1.00 NL tables.

I agree with a number of the other posters here that the restriction on certain levels paints a negative picture. While I don't play those levels, my first reaction was why "punish" new players who play at those levels? Why not just change the # of BRPs earned (which has been mentioned several times, so no need to expand)?

Since TGC has been genuinely interested in feedback from the zoo, I'll provide some.

1. Personally, I REALLY like the mini view! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My monitor doesn't go to 1600x1200 res, so the mini view allows my to multitable without overlap.

2. The software seems buggy. For some reason, there is a certain seat that, no matter the player, a message frequently pops up saying that I don't have any notes on the player. The pop up has a yellow background and covers the middle of the table. When I click it, it goes away, but it's annoying.

3. Some of the lobby numbers seem to be really messed up. I've seen a number of cases where a table says it's full, yet the player list to the right shows no one sitting. First time this happened, I didn't notice the list on the right and just opened the table to find 10 "Seat Open" signs. Now I look at the list, but it leads me to wonder what other numbers are not even close. Can I rely on the flop % numbers? Pot size numbers?

Bottom line: The positives are the mini view, the sizable bonus, and the bonus being released in traunches. The negatives are the very limited table selection at the limits I play and higher (typically only 1 or 2 tables, maybe 3), the buggy pop-ups, and that you can't get real-time info on BRPs earned.

There's no doubt that I'll continue to play at TGC and earn the bonus. Hope that TGC continues to look into zoo suggestions and make further improvements to the site, with the obvious hope/expectation that they lead to more players and better game selection. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2005, 04:31 PM

I agree with the above poster. I get the same annoying popup about the notes on lower left player every few minutes. I also really enjoy the miniscreens. But the table selection really leaves me wondering if I can continue playing there.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do I check BRP’s per limit if I fall into the new bonus structure?
Our developers are creating a tool right now so that you can see BRP’s earned at the designated limits for the bonus. We’ll also let you know once it’s available.

Thanks in the meantime for your patience. We’ll do our best to respond to individual posts as soon as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why put the new system in before the tools for it are ready? Two things that would have made this better: real time BRP counter, and what you addressed above.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to everyone for their candid and constructive criticism. It's definitely been heard and we're discussing many of the points raised with the rest of the organization.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any progress on changing things... Its been so long I get the feeling this is how its going to stay.