Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Turn/River play - situational or fixed amount?
Highly situational 15 100.00%
I just always pot it/minbet/etc... 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Games Grid contacted me about running another satellite, please re

[ QUOTE ]
This really seems like a Games Grid is using you as a way to get free advertising for their site.

Since clearly what will happen from this (if the sat goes off) is that 2+2ers will have to make deposits on to their site, which I'm sure is their whole intent here.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

That is pretty obvious isnt it? That is the reason they will do basically anything I ask for structure and what not they want new players, I thought this went without saying.
~Justin
Old 09-15-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Games Grid contacted me about running another satellite, please read

obv... but what's wrong with that. You also get to use their services w/ no vig. Plus it's not like you can't withdraw...you don't have to use your money for other things at the site.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This really seems like a Games Grid is using you as a way to get free advertising for their site.

Since clearly what will happen from this (if the sat goes off) is that 2+2ers will have to make deposits on to their site, which I'm sure is their whole intent here.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

That is pretty obvious isnt it? That is the reason they will do basically anything I ask for structure and what not they want new players, I thought this went without saying.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me this type of post, by ANYONE should be illegal, no?

-Scott
Old 09-15-2005, 03:31 PM

If there is no vig on the event I don't see why. It's a +EV opportunity for the people that buy in (I won't, B&M isn't really my thing) and this forum is all about those.

I know what you're getting at, but GrannyMae's been doing it in the Zoo for years now, and that hasn't been an issue either. It's cool for everybody involved.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there is no vig on the event I don't see why. It's a +EV opportunity for the people that buy in (I won't, B&M isn't really my thing) and this forum is all about those.

I know what you're getting at, but GrannyMae's been doing it in the Zoo for years now, and that hasn't been an issue either. It's cool for everybody involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

So instead of making money on the sat, they simply get great free advertising, couresy of one of our moderators. And all this under the guise of doing us a favor.

All the while, robbing this site of a potential revenue stream from getting the site to purchase legitimate advertising.

-Scott
Old 09-15-2005, 03:49 PM

Well games grid is a pretty bad site, so the 'free advertising' isn't going to do much, i think anyone that plays in the sat, will only deposit enough to do that.. theres really no appeal to playing there, so i don't think it really matters that they're getting the free advertising.

Plus, this whole thing probably won't happen anynway because we're all pretty lazy and i dont think anyone really cares enough to make it happen.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well games grid is a pretty bad site, so the 'free advertising' isn't going to do much, i think anyone that plays in the sat, will only deposit enough to do that.. theres really no appeal to playing there, so i don't think it really matters that they're getting the free advertising.

Plus, this whole thing probably won't happen anynway because we're all pretty lazy and i dont think anyone really cares enough to make it happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. People would deposit, play in the sat and leave, it isn't great advertising and these posts wont increase their revenue at all as their ring games are dry to say the least. I was simply asking a question of if people wanted a satellite event for a big B&M tourney with basically a custimizeable structure, sorry for trying to do everyone here a favor I will remember not to in the future. I don't understand your stance against a post like this at all or your condescending attitude.
~Justin
Old 09-15-2005, 04:37 PM

btw jurollo, i appreciate it (even though can't play in any B&M tournaments besides Turning Stone, which btw is having another 'series' of tournaments in October.. and they're moderatly cheap) and i like the idea of slow structure tournaments.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So instead of making money on the sat, they simply get great free advertising, couresy of one of our moderators. And all this under the guise of doing us a favor.

All the while, robbing this site of a potential revenue stream from getting the site to purchase legitimate advertising.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you nit pick anymore? You act like Justin is getting something from GamesGrid. If I remember correctly, he went to nearly every site trying to pull this off. As far as I am concerned, they deserve a little praise for running a tournament with a customized blind structure for a group of guys who they know most likely won't play at their site anyway.