Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: LAA/CWS ALCS Game 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Laying runs is almost always a bad idea.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Three games in three different cities in three nights.. Im on the White Sox -1.5

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting run lines with home dogs, in low totaled games with high ML's is probaby the worst subset you can bet into in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sublime, I don't understand. You said "betting run lines with home dogs" is the worst bet. But Sox are not a home dog. Can you clarify your statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOps, Im sorry. Typo. Home favorites. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha, thanks. I was enamored with taking the Sox here -1.5 runs. I hate laying so much juice on heavy favorites,but I'm going to back off this bet.

Going only with the over instead. Good luck all.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Three games in three different cities in three nights.. Im on the White Sox -1.5

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting run lines with home dogs, in low totaled games with high ML's is probaby the worst subset you can bet into in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

does that make the opposite of this true?

Betting the RL on the away dog with big ML is a good subset I assume?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does that make the opposite of this true?

Betting the RL on the away dog with big ML is a good subset I assume?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sir
Old 10-11-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the over 8.5 here and also Whitesox over 4.5 runs, total hits+runs+errors ovr 26.5.

I think a tired LAA pitching staff will lead to big numbers being put up by a rested sox team that has been hitting the ball really well in the playoffs so far.

GL
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess former AllStar Byrd didn't get the memo.

Angels +182 were a huge bargain. I think they can go all
the way. Good pitching good hitting, great relief. Knew I shoulda bet more on Byrd tonite. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

naj
Old 10-11-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the over 8.5 here and also Whitesox over 4.5 runs, total hits+runs+errors ovr 26.5.

I think a tired LAA pitching staff will lead to big numbers being put up by a rested sox team that has been hitting the ball really well in the playoffs so far.

GL
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brick, brick anddddddddd brick! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 12:06 AM

Seems like the Sox are gonna take the next four. Think about when you have an all nighter, next day your not so bad, but the next two days after that your beat. Angels are gonna be dead for the rest of the series.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:08 AM

I highly doubt the Sox win 4 in a row. And it's not like the Angels don't get a rest. There ARE off days you know.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:34 AM

Good point. Forget about which team has the better hitting, pitching, defense, home field. It all rests on the fact that the Angels went on a late-night bender.

Mickey Mantle and the rest of the Yankees in the 50s and 60s were notorious for staying up late drinking. Every night. Without exception. (For confirmation, pay a visit to Mickey's first liver.) Didn't seem to hurt them too much. This whole notion of the Angels' exhaustion is totally overplayed, and I thank the public for padding my bankroll last night with this rationale.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:21 AM

Why do people think they are so tired? Baseball players regularly play 6 games per week with at least one travel during the week. They arrived in Chicago at 3am. The game was at 8pm. Even assuming they didn't sleep on the plane, they could have slept for ten hours until 1pm, and still had plenty of time to get ready for the game.

I only made my comment about Byrd because a) he was the starter, and b) he threw some pitches in the pen the night before.

They'll only get fresher and fresher for the rest of the series. Losing Colon is far more important than losing some sleep, IMHO.