Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: The Art Of Sit&Gos...vairence question

I don't really post much in this forum, but I find it amusing how many people ask questions about their short term variance. You would think the majority of America could answer these simple questions people are asking. I would expect any decent player to answer the questions you asked with ease. The fact that you even brought this question up after 12 sit n gos and 3 bad beats doesn't makes me believe you should quit, but does make me think you have little common sense.

Now all that being said, I'm not even going to address #2, 3 and 5. As for #4, I fold this raise most of the time, as you are almost always behind a set or 2 pair. As for the last question you asked, if over the course of hundreds of sit n go's you only get near the cash 20% of the time, i would assume you are a below average player. and again, anyone with common sense should be able to answer that with ease.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:41 PM

These are bad beats. The calls are possible because you have a limited number of BB. Look at why? Playing too loose, too tight? IF you have more chips ...
Old 10-30-2005, 07:44 PM

please read the FAQ before writing another post here
Old 10-30-2005, 07:44 PM

splash,
again man not trying to ruin everybodys night man, and this post can get deleted if its that big of a hassle, no problem I'm here to learn, there is more to sit & gos the obviously I know, but was wondering what you guys do instead of just push/fold.

Thanks for your input.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:50 PM

I would say that if you are at a table where you can push with great hands and get called then you should push. The only reason to raise less than a push is if you're afraid that the opposition will fold, but at a level where players will regularly call then you should push.
And whenever they call and catch and give you a beat, just remember that the fish every now and then need to catch, it'll give them all the more reason next time to call.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:26 PM

Greg Raymer said it best after he busted out of these year's WSOP. He felt good about his play because he went in with a nice edge.

Never second guess yourself when you go in with a big advantage. We all get horrendous beats - this is hold'em. The intrigue of the game is that bad beats happen!

Yesterday I was busted out twice with AA at critical times in an SNG. I just ante'd again and tried again.

If you consistently make good plays, you will be a winning player. The important lesson is that you have to shake off bad beats. Many regulars here will give you much grief over posting bad beats.

I assume you are a rookie. Keep your head up and keep making solid plays.