Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: suited connectors: How fond are you of them?

I don't understand. Do you not play the suited connectors either? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nh
Old 11-08-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, IPG, you are on your way to becoming a notorious STTF character. Why don't you tell us a little more about yourself?

How old are you?
Where are you from?
Are you a gimmick account?
Are you MegaTOWStanzeePotCommittedXPunisher?
What up?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a journeyman on his first day...it took me 2 months...hmmm

Results:

<font color="white"> I think he's posted before </font>
Old 11-08-2005, 08:16 PM

Well, I honestly hope he is enjoying himself. I've got a couple kids and I know they enjoy playing all kinds of silly games.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:24 PM

It's annoying wankers like this one that shake one's faith in the value of these boards . . . [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Uncle Wiggly
Old 11-08-2005, 08:41 PM

that's a great photo!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:55 PM

I like them more for shania reasons than actual value. Here's an example.

I'm at foxwoods playing $1/$2 NL, effective stacks ~$120. I'm limping behind limpers, openlimping small/mid pairs, and raising my good hands. But one hand it's folded to me in MP and I make it $10 (my standard raise, smaller than that raises were very very rare, most you saw was $10-$18 for a first raise) with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. A guy behind me calls and the SB calls

So the flop is a very good one for me, 976 rainbow. SB checks to me, and I bet $20. I'm happy to take the pot down now but if I don't I'd like the coldcaller behind me to fold. If I'm last to act I probably take the free card. Well, I almost get what I want, the guy behind me folds and the SB calls.

Turn is a T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], putting a flush draw out there. The guy leads out $20 to me. I know that he wouldn't call me preflop with J8. I also know that if he wakes up on the turn betting like this, he will probably also bet the river with almost all of his hands he got here with, and I know he puts me on big cards with my image. So I call to try to get the rest of his stack on the river...

... which is a beautiful offsuit ace. He bets $20 again, I go allin, he calls and shows AT and I win.

Maybe not the best example, but it's the best example I had recently. I may have misremembered some of the details but that's the gist.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:35 PM

Many moons ago when I moved up to the 55s and got my extra 200 chips I resolved to depart from the AleoMagus school of SnGs and do some suited connected limping; tried it for a few months looked at the results and realised it just wasn't working. The main reason, of course, is that no one ever gives you the odds to see the turn and even if you do get to see the turn and miraculously hit, it's rare for anyone to actually pay you off.

JMHO, but I think you're better off concentrating on position &amp; your opponent.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The main reason, of course, is that no one ever gives you the odds to see the turn and even if you do get to see the turn and miraculously hit, it's rare for anyone to actually pay you off.

JMHO, but I think you're better off concentrating on position &amp; your opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. What he said.