Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Proof that NotReady is wrong.

I haven't read your posts in much detail, but I would caution you to define precisely the terms Mind and Purpose, as your argument requires a very specific usage. You should also consider that the terms themselves repel a lot of people because they associate them with, in the first case, the Christian Science Movement and, in the second case, the Intelligent Design Movement. It is not clear to me whether or not you would want to distance yourself from these.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Proof that NotReady is wrong.

What cold signifies in your analogy is clear to me (a heat energy of 335 kj/kg). Mind and purpose are murky, though, because you seem incapable of talking about one without reference to the other. This is not entirely your fault, as it is a problem with the nature of language.

I have a hunch, however, that I would not be able to disentangle the concepts of Mind and God in your metaphysics. If this be the case, then your critics would be right to point out the circularity of your argument because you would essentially be arguing that the existence of Mind proves the existence of God.

Keep in mind that I am only responding to what I've read in this thread; you may have addressed these issues elsewhere.