Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Pocket 7\'s overpair hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also curious about the river. Does anyone think this is a value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
With a few possible draws missing on the river, I think it's much better to check and try and induce a bluff here.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
7 handed DO NOT OPEN LIMP. raise or fold people. preflop is fine- i fold sometimes, sometimes i raise. everything else looks goot IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah, I'm tired of these "Look at me I'm tight/aggressive so raise or fold" posts.
I mean c'mon - limping is better than folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

bah whatever- don't blanket statement my play by one post. i learned this "raise/fold" mantra from people around here, so don't blame me. open limping has always been a "no no" from what i've learned. so if i'm full ring and in the same seat, this is okay? how low do you go?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
7 handed DO NOT OPEN LIMP. raise or fold people. preflop is fine- i fold sometimes, sometimes i raise. everything else looks goot IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah, I'm tired of these "Look at me I'm tight/aggressive so raise or fold" posts.
I mean c'mon - limping is better than folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

bah whatever- don't blanket statement my play by one post. i learned this "raise/fold" mantra from people around here, so don't blame me. open limping has always been a "no no" from what i've learned. so if i'm full ring and in the same seat, this is okay? how low do you go?

[/ QUOTE ]

well... why is limping so bad here? i would like to hear reasoning because i think limping is fine and roughly ev neutral with raising; folding seems by far the worst option. (that said i open raise 77 here on most tables)

also, i think one of them has 6x more than enough times to value bet the river. of course if either player is prone to bluff raising checking for bluff induction is better.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:27 AM

i'm not going to say it is wrong as better players have clearly said it is fine. however, the reason i raise is:

1. i possibly have the best hand right now
2. if i limp, i'm letting worse hands in for cheap that most likely have 6 outs preflop to my hand
3. i'd like to limit the field as much as i can or at least be up against the blinds with the button.

i don't consider this "tight-aggressive" but simply i have the best hand, why not raise? people suggest raising 88/99 from earlier positions, i see this as a similar situation.

i guess i would ask if we're limping here, wouldn't the same thing be said of lower pocket pairs too? how low to you go because i would think that by limping, you're merely hoping for a set, so wouldn't that be the same for all pps? or simply because 77 holds up better than 33, that limping here is fine? i guess that's where i still have things to learn.