Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Re: 5-10 PL at the Borg

I think you fold. I can't imagine the solid player making that bet with an overpair to the flop. You don't want to play a big pot against any other hand he might have. Not to mention there are still two guys behind you.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:05 PM

big bet games are, in my experience, a hell of a lot more fun than live limit games.

...and of course, its not even close.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:25 PM

Hey Ron,

I think that you should fold. With nobody behind you, I think a case can be made for it being close among fold/call/raise. But, with two players behind you, you have to fold.

If the guy is a good player, he probably isn't bluffing here. Unless he's a REALLY, REALLY good player, in which case he might have TT. If he had TT, don't play in his game anymore.

Hope it worked out.

ML4L
Old 10-25-2004, 04:42 PM

mike, why do you think a good player is more likely to make this move with TT? I think 99 is just as likely.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Oops...

Hey turnip,

Thanks for correcting me; I meant 99... I'll go fix my post now if it's not too late.

Mike
Old 10-25-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Oops...

one of the reasons I think he has 99 or possibly TT is he has perfect position with a made hand to check to the preflop raiser, so he must have something vulnerable. only problem is a set is a vulnerable hand in this spot too, and we can't beat a set. I don't think there is anything wrong with folding at all, but I can't say I would be surprised to see 99 at all.

if he is very tricky he'll take it to the next level and come out firing with the nuts, thinking you would have expected a checkraise from the nuts in this situation. that maybe overthinking, but if he has 9T I sure would stay out of his way.

--turnipmonster