Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What average percent of players do you prefer to see the flop?
< 30% 2 1.90%
30 - 39% 7 6.67%
40 - 49% 15 14.29%
50 - 59% 10 9.52%
>= 60% 71 67.62%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Poll: Do you bother with chatbox niceties

I usually multi-table, so I've got a lot more things to worry about than the chatbox. I do, however, try to say 'ty' when I win a hand and happen to notice that someone said 'nh', but I'm sure I don't notice it all the time.

Other than that, I'm pretty quiet.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite suckout comment is from Full Metal Jacket "You could suck a golf ball through a garden hose"

[/ QUOTE ]

Had a gf like that once. Unfortunately, she liked a lot more hose than any one person could provide.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:02 PM

anytim im pissed about losing a hand, regardless of the merits of my opponents play, i control V in "nh f4cktard" and leave it at that. Makes me feel better yet doesnt critique their play, works for me...
Old 03-22-2005, 11:25 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

I try to follow the lead of the table; if they're chatty, I try to join in to seem like one of the guys. If not, I figure I can keep quiet without bothering anyone, and I'd just as soon not. I have had occasions where someone got upset because I didn't "nh" them when they beat me in a hand (once, the guy typed in "nh", followed by "ty" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

I did have an amusing chat incident in one of Absolute's freeroll MTTs on Saturday (at least I thought it was amusing... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). It was something like the 3rd hand of the tourney, and I'd limped in with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in late position. The flop came down K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and after it was checked to me, I made a half-pot bet. I was then reraised all-in by someone in MP, and after thinking for 15-20 seconds, I called him. He turned over K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and proceeded to berate me and tell me I was a fool for calling his all-in with only an OESD when 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fell on the turn (river was a blank), leaving him with T20 (he had that much more than me. Then he told me, "Go **** yourself!" and continued the berating. I said something like, "That's the trouble with pushing so early" and then stopped responding until he wound down (he got knocked out within another hand or two). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was actually somewhat surprised he really had something; the reason I called was that it seems like at least half the time, when someone pushes that early in a freeroll or cheap tourney, it's a stone bluff or a weak hand that doesn't want action, so I figured that between that and my outs, I was in pretty good shape (and if I got beat, hey, it was a freeroll anyway!).

-Mike
Old 03-22-2005, 11:43 PM

Mostly I type "gambool" or say stuff to confuse people if they start talking shop (like "what are outs?" etc.).

Occasionally I get into actual discussions about stuff but I inevitably feel like an idiot for having done so.

I try to never discuss strategy-stuff but I will actively discourage table coaches.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:59 AM

I never turn on the chat.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I only leave it on so that the fish who just hit his one outer can belittle me and make me go on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-23-2005, 03:25 AM

At the final table of a Full Tilt MTT we all began grumbling that someone wouldn't hit the "ready" button so play could begin as it was 4 AM and most of us had classes the next day or papers due. I mention I'm working on a paper for East Asian War and Diplomacy and another goes "You know anything about WW2?" "Yeah, quite a bit." He then asks for help on a paper on appeasement and I begin giving him the cliff notes of about a million books I've read on WW2 (mostly The Meaning of Hitler.) and half way through take two bad beats on QQ and AK to bust out.

"Damnit, not now, I'm gonna fail this paper!"

So I stayed as an observer and gave him whatever else I knew.

I don't know why in the hell I did that for someone I don't know, but it felt good.