Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Taj Mahal Atlantic City

Obviously, you have some agenda other than making money. If a player can't make money in Taj, s/he should quit playing poker.

Go to Mississippi or Vegas where you can BUY yourself a floorperson who will LET YOU KISS HIS azz. It's illegal to "toke" floorpersons in N.J., so the FLOOR DOES IT'S JOB. That's something folks like you can't stand, because you want to "have it your way". You are the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
ill........ that place is dirty......
I've never seen so many grown up babies in one room.
Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2005, 12:46 AM

I can't believe that people play for not-insignificant amounts of money using creased paper cards. Most of the rest of my complaints about the place have been addressed elsewhere.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the Taj. It's less polished and sterile than Borg and has that good old hardcore gambling atmoshphere about it. I also prefer the lighting. And oh yea, the action can be disgustingly good. It's the first place I played in AC and I still give it regular action (as well as Borg of course).

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again I agree with Jeff. Taj has that old school gambling feel to it. And if you can't make money at Taj you might as well run in front of traffic on your choice of either White or Black Horse Pike, because there is plenty of gamble to go around,
Old 10-24-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the Taj. It's less polished and sterile than Borg and has that good old hardcore gambling atmoshphere about it. I also prefer the lighting. And oh yea, the action can be disgustingly good. It's the first place I played in AC and I still give it regular action (as well as Borg of course).

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you play the 40 game friday night? The action was sick. I've never seen it even close to that good at the Borg. I could care less how dirty the room is, how nitty the players are or how disgusting the waitresses are if there are people in my game spraying chips around like crazy.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, you have some agenda other than making money. If a player can't make money in Taj, s/he should quit playing poker.

Go to Mississippi or Vegas where you can BUY yourself a floorperson who will LET YOU KISS HIS azz. It's illegal to "toke" floorpersons in N.J., so the FLOOR DOES IT'S JOB. That's something folks like you can't stand, because you want to "have it your way". You are the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
ill........ that place is dirty......
I've never seen so many grown up babies in one room.
Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some of what you say here is true, but the part about the floor actually doing its job in AC...thats a joke right?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:19 AM

I wasn't there this weekend (don't make it down every weekend unfortunately). But when I played the 40 there, it was probably the best game I've EVER been in live in terms of action. A maniacal player left up 10k and had the entire table on tilt.

As I've said before, I would play in a tool shed if that's where the action is. I like the Taj.

Jeff
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe that people play for not-insignificant amounts of money using creased paper cards. Most of the rest of my complaints about the place have been addressed elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a stickler for proper grammar. Significant is the word you're looking for.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fan of nuance. A better term for what Andy B wanted to express would be non-trivial.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fan of nuance. A better term for what Andy B wanted to express would be non-trivial.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say that's right on the money.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play at Borgata when I hit AC, and will tolerate some time at Trop every now and then to get into their Pink Chip game. Taj, to me, is a waste of time. At the limits I play, the action is no better or worse than at the other two places (6/12 LHE, 1/2 & 2/5 NLHE). Taj essentially disbanded the one game I really liked there (5/10 full kill O/8). For higher stakes players like Jeffage, I understand the desire to hit taj. Likewise for stud players. But for your average low limit hold'em player, I see no reason to go there. It smells moldy. The waitresses are NOT hot. The drinks are nasty. The chips likely host strains of the avian flu virus or other unsavory bacterial elements. The televisions are small & poorly placed. I could go on, but I won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you, the only reason i go to the Taj is for the tourney's. I like the Borgata because it has that Vegas feel, and nice looking waitresses are not hard on the eyes. The one thing that i do like about the Taj is they serve Red Bull, for those all night sessions, where as the Borgata, you will have to buy it at there bar. There is a bit of loose action at the Borgata as well at the 1/2 NL tables. I orginally started playing poker at the Trop, but that place is dead to me now.