Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Anyone else noticed this JTs BS?

[ QUOTE ]
AJs 1.27 BB/hand,

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate you. I'm actually losing money on AJs over 30k hands. AJo is a winner though, gotta love variance.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB would not even cap with AA??

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Both of them threw in a little something into the chat box after that hand. And I normally don't talk while multitabling, but I said something about how they both played their hands quite badly. That shut them up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lately I've been hearing a lot of people in B&M rooms saying "JTs makes the most money in poker." Its generally a retard, but lately I've heard people I otherwise respected spouting off this BS. Last night it was some douche college kid that I had a running conversation with, and I asked him wtf he was talking about it, and he gave some retarded explanation. I asked him if he meant "JTs can make the most straights" or something like that. He was pretty sure JTs makes the most money of any hand in poker. Anybody else heard this garbage?

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, I completely agree with you on this. I don't know where this trend started but now everyone seems to think that suited connectors are the good stuff and they say that playing limit, they would rather have a suited connector than AA.

Anyway, a couple of months ago, a very humurous situation occurred while I was playing live 3/6. In the CO, I hold 78s. There is one limper, a raiser, and a typical middle aged fish to my right calls. I fold. The flop comes a rainbow 69T. Long story short, the lady (the fish) to my right takes it down with 78o. I was bored, so I said something about how I folded 78s. So everyone at my side of the table started telling me how I should have played that as those types of hands are the best in limit. The fish my right said something to the extent of "you gotta play them like aces" (to which I almost responded with "then why didn't you 3 bet PF" but I refrained).

The very next hand, I am again dealt 78s on the button. There are 2 limpers, I limp, and the SB raises. Everyone calls. This time, I flop a straight flush to ten (yes, a SF). It is checked to the same fish to my right who bets. Everyone but one limper calls. On the turn, same action, except the blinds now fold. On the river, she bets again, and I raise. She is quite shocked that I take it at showdown with the straight flush saying how she "had good 2 pair." After this, everyone started saying I only only played that 78s because after the previous hand everyone told me that I SHOULD have played it.

That made my day.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(to which I almost responded with "then why didn't you 3 bet PF" but I refrained).

[/ QUOTE ]
Last time I played at the Taj there was a fish there capping with suited connectors... he unfortunately moved up to a limit where I couldn't follow :-(
Old 08-27-2005, 09:15 PM

A friend of mine was saying something similar the other day, but he was saying mid-suited connectors. So I asked a bit more and he said that they are better because they have both flush and straight potential and beat AA rather frequently. He said he saw it on TV somewhere and he really had a hard time believing it. I thought about it for a second and asked him 2-3 more questions and then the lighbulb went off. I asked him if he meant that mid-suited connectors have the best chance of cracking AA and he sat still for a second and then declared himself an idiot... he said that IS EXACTLY what he was meaning. Seems that on WPT or some other show, they had some type of quiz asking thinks like what is the odds of being dealt pocket Aces (220:1), or best hand to crack AA, etc. Not sure if it is related, but sounds like it could be.. at least for some. Just another case of people misunderstanding things said on TV.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:23 PM

I haven't heard it, but it might explain why two people gave me all their chips with JTs in two SNGs this afternoon. I was thinking they were just morons.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lately I've been hearing a lot of people in B&M rooms saying "JTs makes the most money in poker." Its generally a retard, but lately I've heard people I otherwise respected spouting off this BS. Last night it was some douche college kid that I had a running conversation with, and I asked him wtf he was talking about it, and he gave some retarded explanation. I asked him if he meant "JTs can make the most straights" or something like that. He was pretty sure JTs makes the most money of any hand in poker. Anybody else heard this garbage?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear it all the time, but then again i have stellar table selection. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear it all the time, but then again i have stellar table selection. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally like to perpetuate this myth. Anytime I hear it I go along with whatever is said, saying things like "now that you mention it, I can't remember the last time I saw JTs lose. Weird!!!"

Swede
Old 08-28-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"now that you mention it, I can't remember the last time I saw JTs lose. Weird!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! Great quote, but anyway how about saying, "I would go all in with JTs against aces anyday"
Old 08-29-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the CO, I hold 78s.
The very next hand, I am again dealt 78s on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever have to pay the blinds?