Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: do you think that its possible to scalp WSOP tickets?

[ QUOTE ]
When the main event has sold out, what would be the advantage of buying lammers (satellite chips)?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand it correctly, they cap the number of seats awarded through satellites and count those awarded seats as sold seats that count towards the max entrants. So if 2k people win 10k lammers each, then 4k others, not 6k, can buy directly into the main event, and those who don't exchange their lammers for seats until after the direct-buy players have paid their buyins don't get stuck holding lammers that become worthless when the tournament starts.

Make sense?
Old 05-12-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I understand it correctly, they cap the number of seats awarded through satellites and count those awarded seats as sold seats that count towards the max entrants. So if 2k people win 10k lammers each, then 4k others, not 6k, can buy directly into the main event, and those who don't exchange their lammers for seats until after the direct-buy players have paid their buyins don't get stuck holding lammers that become worthless when the tournament starts.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that's wrong but I don't know for sure. There's a possibility you are right. Keep in mind that events #43, #44, and #45 all begin after the main event has started. Presumably lammers could still be used for those events.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, i still think they will figure out a way to accomodate more than 6600 if it becomes apparent that they could sell many more. i think they claimed a hard cap of 2,000 last year but that changed as event drew near.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the reasons why they are capping the amount of entries is so that they avoid having a Day 2a and Day 2b. I doubt they will take more than 6600.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:53 PM

On a side note, are these three events (43,44,45) bracelet events?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:02 AM

Last year they were not. They're basically "second chance" tournaments for those who have busted out of the main event.