Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Spend my $100 for me please

[ QUOTE ]

Must have:

SSHE
HEPAP
Harrington on hold'em Vol 1
Harrington on hold'em Vol 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you're looking to spend around $100, with discounts, you might be able to get the above five books for around $20 apiece. Even if you go over your $100 target, you must own those five books.

There are many more you should likewise purchase from the 2+2 library, but, since you're capping things, I'd say those are the most important five for you right now.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 10-03-2005, 11:59 AM

Are you playing limit only?

The HoH books are not gonnabe worthwhile for your cause if you're playing limit hold'em, like SSHE probably won't do much if you're only playing nl.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:38 PM

Since you are playing limit exclusively, I'd suggest:

Small Stakes Hold'em

Then with the General Strategy covered with this and the other books on your list already, let's test the knowledge and/or look at the play of hands.

Real Poker II
How Good is your limit Hold'em

Then if there is any money left, perhaps a book such as Psychology of Poker or Inside the Poker Mind will help you out.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:54 PM

Hey guys I really value the input from all of you so far.

On the subject of Limit vs No limit. Well I really want to perfect my limit game as I perceive that to be the most stable form of income. I am slightly infuenced by the fact that I recently staked one of my mates in a no limit game and got busted on the first night. FYI that was the first LOSING session he had ever posted in that game in over two weeks (approx. 8 - 10 sessions). sooo...

Anyway I had rejected HoH on that basis. I had also included middle limit by Bob for the same reason.

Also I've been told that to really imnprove I should be reading and studing on about a 2-1 basis (that being 2 hours reading/studing per one hour playing) I would appreciate some input on that too. i.e. "how to max out your learning curve" or stories from those accompolished players onm how they acheived it. Maybe that's the subject of another post though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]