Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: AK top 2 lots of action in a huge pot

[ QUOTE ]
with this many players i'd likely check raise the flop when it came down... a little fancier than i like to play... but in my mind its the best way to protect your hand here... keep the pot small, and try and make it two from a late position raiser...
given the 17 bets in the pot on flop and turn he has odds with any five or three to hunt you down... ugly scenario

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple hints here:

Firstly, it's not entirely likely that 3's and 5's are in this hand, flush draws are coming along with you no matter what, and even with a CR, you're not going to give them bad enough odds to fold on the flop.

The correct play is to bet/three-bet the flop, and if you just get called on the flop, I'd consider checkraising the turn... probably just bet out, as there's only really three hands that you're going to be able to checkraise here, for value: AQs (not spades).

--Dave.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: AK top 2 lots of action in a huge pot

In a mutilway pot AKo has a large amount of equity and you should be capping this. If you're nor comfortable playing hands in Huge pots like this you're going to be missing alot of value from these hands.